Monday, May 17, 2010

Radio Interview and Word Verification

Posted in: ,
Listen to internet radio with Anjuelle--Author/MFT on Blog Talk Radio

I am very much looking forward to appearing on a radio show today, Monday, May 17, 2010. It is called Book Talk, Creativity and Family Matters and is hosted by Anjuelle Floyd.

Call in time is 1 pm PT, 2pm MT, 3pm CT, and 4pm ET.

The call-in number is: (347) 215-7740.

The link to the show page is HERE

The format is fairly laid back. I will be asked questions aimed at encouraging listeners to purchase my book rather than giving spoilers.I will also be given time to discuss my process for writing, how I came into writing and any other pertinent information I want listeners to know. Tune in if you want to catch up with me.



************************************************


In other news, so what did you guys do last weekend? We went to see Just Wright, I'll give a review in the next post. In the mean time, have a great week people and enjoy!


So most of you now know about the Balderdash word verification meme which I started last week. Like I said, I intend to host the meme every Monday for the rest of the month. I am still hoping that some of you will send in entries to be GUEST BLOGGERS! I hear some of you ask; What does that mean? How do you play? The answer is very simple indeed.

1. Write down all the word verifications you get while posting comments on other peoples blogs.
2. Pick your best five (or so) of them and come up with an authentic sounding definitions for them.

Like last week, I want everyone to be involved. So I have turned on my word verification again. When you leave a comment, include the word Google throws at you and make up a definition for it. If you are given a real word, make up a more interesting definition than the usual one, lol.

Here goes nothing.

1. Ningsty: (n)
i...social networking for pigs.
ii...a dirty ning page

2. Undsot: (V. tr) To sleep under the table while drunk.

3. Comoti: (easy peasy) get out of here! :):)

4. Eiklickr: (n) A professional job. A window washer by licking

5. Haaedlun: (Adv) Origins obsure (lol) big headed.



15 comments:

  1. stsagyi - Some sort of bacteria or fungi. I did nothing this weekend. I'm being so lazy. Will definately tune into the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. condmyc - Condemning self.

    This is very creative. I wonder what you'd do with the collections though.
    - LDP

    ReplyDelete
  3. apora--ancient
    more like we will be writing our own dictionary...he!he!!he!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. grestemi- I have no definition for this o Myne help me out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cotholi-a cot fungi

    i worked on saturday but lounged the whole of sunday with my brood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol @ these words. Wkend was jst there.Arrogance was here to crack us up and take us for sumtn creamy. WORD VERICATION: SESTRIAL. MHHH

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lmao at your word verification meaning suggestions. Like the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi myne

    Catio:
    it means a form of cat food sold in nigeria by our nnewi brothers

    also a type of exercise for preggers ladies after they deliver sha
    lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahaha @ your word verification game. hilarious

    calin (v) - the calabar/akwa-ibom version of "calling"

    okay that was lame and racist. i kid, i kid :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. viants- a delicacy made from the ground intestines of large insects.

    I love this! I'm actually holding a contest similar to this right now-- creating pitches from "titles" pulled from word verifications at http://shalleemcarthur.wordpress.com.

    I just stumbled across your blog through dialogue blogfest links, and love it. I'll definitely be following!

    ReplyDelete
  11. adeck: phoenetic slang for a male douchebag.
    (Sorry, that's all that came to mind!)Love this game!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks to everyone for taking part in the fun, you've all made me smile.

    @Shorty, you have to find your own meaning o, lol.

    @Shallee, will be there now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hope your talkshow went well

    ReplyDelete
  14. glisicle...hmmm, sound like a glittering icicle ...lol

    Hope the show went real good.

    Have a great week (or wats left of it anyways)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Its like you read my mind! You seem to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it
    or something. I think that you can do with a few pics to drive the
    message home a little bit, but other than that, this is great blog.
    An excellent read. I'll definitely be back.

    My web site iherb promo

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.