Thursday, December 9, 2010

Meeting some bloggers - Offline to Online

Posted in: , ,
Hey everyone. Hope the week has been going well so far? I am presently at the Garden City Literary Festival and it has been a pleasure and privilege to meet such authors as Helon Habila (I took his writing workshop), Adaobi Nwaubani, Zainab Jallo, Adaobi Ezeigbo, and a few publishers too. The interactive session on Social Media and Publishing which I facilitated went very well and the attendance at all the events has been very impressive. I have learnt a lot and have a very good grasp of what's happening. We meet the great Wole Soyinka tomorrow. Can you feel my excitement? LOL...

In the meantime, enjoy these pictures I took at some of the events I had in Lagos. In them, you'll see me with people I'd only previously known online. It's always interesting making these transitions, especially for those whom you had not seen their pictures before meeting them. For most of then, due to facebook, I had seen their pictures previously. For two or three though, they broke the anonymity screen and for that I'm grateful. Enjoy...



Mandy Ojugbana - Facebook


Seye Kuyinu - Blogger


Wise Sage - Blogger


Femi Segun - Nigeria Village Square


Basola Afolake - Facebook (contributed on Cupid's Risk)


Augustine Ogwo - Naija Stories


Oyindamola Affinih - Facebook (Guest author)


Uche Uwadinachi - Blogger and Facebook (upcoming guest author)


Robert Ekat - Naija Stories


Harry Itie - Blogger



23 comments:

  1. Online to offline, you mean? Seye is a cutie, hmmmm.....

    #justsaying

    ReplyDelete
  2. well at least in business offline means not in person and online means in person..

    but nice pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wowwww,say hi to soyinka,really onkine to offline.
    All the best

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh I was so focused on the pictures I missed the part about you meeting Soyinka tomorrow.. Awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great time tomorrow.
    I'm sure Prof Soyinka is looking forward to meeting the lovely Myne also! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that guy's afro!
    Tomorrow is going to be a big day for you to, its like meeting the literary Quentin Tarrantino, dont 4get pictures m'dear

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Myne. It looks like your trip has been very good thus far. Have fun with the Nobel dude.

    ReplyDelete
  8. See, you are having fun....yes i can see your excitement through the screen :) take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you everyone. I think you're right. It's online to Offline, lol...Enjoy your weekend all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are meeting the great man? I envy you bad. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always great to meet people you have met virtually. I would be glad to meet you one day... in Ghana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fiiiiine boy Harry!!!!Lol!!!!
    You looking stressed out in some of em pictures Myne!

    ReplyDelete
  13. u r really having fun, happy for u!
    and for the upteenth time, when r u coming to abuja???
    why do lag pple always get the good things first?!?!?!

    soyink, hmm, thats big!
    pls pull his beard and tell us what it felt like, i'd love to do that so do it on my behalf

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're clearly having a ball, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've got gravitas, Missy! Respect.

    @ T.Notes
    It's the heat. Cos it's been a while since that naija sun hit body.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's so cool. I wish i could physically meet the bloggers i interact with online. Bet it was fun

    ReplyDelete
  17. awwwwww.... didnt get to meet you:( hope your stays been good so far?
    bless.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks all,

    T-Notes, it's the heat o...Lagos was boiling. PH is hot too but much better.

    Omotee, I'm coming soon. See ya!

    Have a lovely weekend people...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice pics!
    How come Seye is looking fat?
    Or is it my eyes?
    Hmmm.. Can't wait to see you Myne!

    ReplyDelete
  20. @2cute4u Maybe it's your eyes. mscheeew.

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOL...@2cute and Seye. He's not fat o, but he shows evidence of enjoyment. LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  22. When Harry met Mynee! I love this..

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.