Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My Bouari Weight Loss Experience - Day 1

Posted in: , ,

Yesterday, I went to the newly opened Bouari Clinic in my area to meet with a health consultant and my contact on the corporate side. You see, I had been accepted to blog about their weight loss programme in exchange for taking part in it. The program normally costs $599 per month, but in exchange for blogging about my experience with it, I will receive all the supplements and unlimited support for free. I have done some research myself and I don't think these supplements are harmful in any way. There are mixed reviews online but in this case, I want to find out myself. This is the official blurb;

Bouari Clinic offers a diet program that is based on endocrine system support through FDA registered supplements (vitamins, minerals and homeopathic preparations) that make your system very receptive to weight loss. The supplements also support energy and depress hunger. The dieter then eats a carefully prescribed program of low glycemic proteins, vegetables and fruits that are low in fat.
After speaking with the consultant yesterday, I am sure I took the right step. As some of you may know from my post on the Relationship 15 and Now that we're in 2012, I have been wanting to lose some weight. My current weight is 154 pounds, up from 135 just before my marriage. It was hovering around 150 most of last year but now all that rest and enjoyment over Christmas have added their bit. My problem is that though I exercise regularly and eat moderately, I don't seem to lose weight. All that seems to achieve is that I only add weight sloooowly, #notwhatIwant.

My goal is to lose that 15-20 pounds in this 30-days programme and then I can use the tips I learn to keep them off. I'm very impressed at the support that is being offered through Bouari, the clinic incidentally is just 10mins away from my house, and I believe it will make a lot of difference for me. For many people, losing weight is about looking good, for me I think I look OK at my weight. However, my BMI is not so good, and I also have a family history of type 2 diabetes, which means I have to be extra careful.

I understand that a lot of hard work will be required from me, but Atala is very encouraging. I'm excited and looking forward to positive changes in my weight and health. Come with me on this journey, as I'll be sharing my progress with you twice a week. If you have any questions, please ask in the comments. If you're losing weight too and want to share tips, please email myne@mynewhitman.com.



19 comments:

  1. All the best in your weight loss program dear. It will take a lot of hardwork and discipline. Thank God for Atala's encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this the program where u inject urself with hormones and eat 500 calories a day? Details please....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Che, Thanks a lot. I look forward to what the outcome will be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sting, I think it's a different one. This one uses the enzyme in oral drops, and you go on a diet of approx 700 calories. I'll be sharing more as the programme continues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. for the 1st time i'm able to view your page and actually comment!!!

    Good luck on the weight loss programme, i've started one too but in my case i'm going on a diet and doing various exercise regimens!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodluck on your weight loss...

    I am battling my own here too. Time to buckle up and start going to gym so as to lose some pounds off before my wedding :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Fluffy and Motun. All the best in your own efforts too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the best. If I try lose weight now na to disappear be that. Lol.

    Looking forward to your posts. Could help me lose a bit though (in some places).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Deronk, there are some specific places I'm targeting too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww well done. Losing weight is always on everyone's new year's resolution list but it usually slips off by like Jan 3rd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...thank you Chibundu. I hope I can see this one through.

      Delete
  11. Looks interesting.
    Good luck on the weight loss program
    I am hopeful I would be successful on mine this year.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I got lots of information by your post. Everything define in this post very beautiful way. You should continue do this type of post.
    Mumbai Call Girls
    Call Girls in Mumbai

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please tell me you don't mean 700 calories per day??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes o, about half of what I usually ate. But the change is not in the quantity but in the types of food I now eat. More of vegetables and protein than carbs/sugars and fats.

      Delete
  14. Myne, pls don't see this as lecturing but your body needs more than 700 calls to live. Every cell of your body needs nutrients to thrive and no person should consume less that 1200 calls a day. If you continue this way...you are definitely going to lose weight, but most of it will be muscle mass as your body breaks itself down as it tried to find some nutrients. The second you get off the diet... you'll definitely go back to to your original size.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to apologize, I put it here to generate discussion so I can learn more. The diet is actually combined with an enzyme that is supposed to break down stored fat thereby releasing more calories my body can use. Of course if my body only had to depend on 700cals, I'll be lying in bed all day without energy but that is not the case. My muscle mass and body fat indices are also being monitored. The final test is like you say, when I go off the diet. We'll see.

      Delete
  15. Thanks for sharing great article with us and all the best for weight loss program.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like this post. Everything designs in nice way I got much information by this post. You should continue do this type of post.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.