Thursday, August 30, 2012

Men Lie More Than Women - Guess the Top Lies?

Posted in: , , ,

A new study has proof that men are significantly more likely to lie than women - the average man tells three lies a day or 1,092 a year compared to women who only lie twice a day or 728 times a year. This is for those who ever doubted how trustworthy we women are or those who are fond of saying that women lie more, or don't know their minds. Now you have to take back your words :)

The research did find though that women were more likely to lie when hiding new clothes from a partner, "with 39 percent of women feeling to need to lie about their latest purchase compared to 26 percent of men."

"Women are also more likely to tell a lie or pretend to be busy to avoid a phone call, with half of women admitting that they have lied to dodge a phone call compared to just over a third of men reporting the same."

Isn't it interesting that we all lie about the same things though more people of one gender than the other will lie more about one situation. For instance, why would we even want to lie to our partners about the price of something new we bought, or that we bought that thing at all?

I won't lie to you guys, but sometimes, it takes a few days for Atala to get full details of my shopping, especially books.

That's lieing by omission, right? Or maybe it doesn't count.

Cosmo has compiled the top lies men told women, and I can say that I've got some of them from men in my time. Some men, it is said, lie to their women in order not to hurt their feelings, or because they cannot communicate better. Like being stuck in traffic, complimenting their ladies no matter how bad they look or saying everything is fine. In such cases, the lies are pretty harmless, and part of life.

I would be more worried about those lieing about how much they're drinking, those screening and rejecting your calls, or those out rightly meaning to deceive you. Watch out for some passive-aggressive stunts as well, and respond accordingly to protect yourself and your heart.

Lie # 10: “I’m Stuck in Traffic”

Lie # 9: “It Wasn’t That Expensive”

Lie # 8: “I’m on My Way”

Lie # 7:”I Didn’t Have Too Much to Drink”

Lie # 6: “Sorry, I Missed Your Call,”
Lie # 5: “My Battery Died,” and
Lie # 4: “I Had No Signal”

Lie # 3: “No, Your Butt Doesn’t Look Big in That”

Lie # 2:”This Will Be My Last Beer”

Lie # 1: “Nothing’s Wrong, I’m Fine”

So ladies, when your man trots out these lines, look him in the eye and smile cos you know the real deal. Then tell him to drop the other one.

But you have to know your guy o, if you have an honest, straightforward guy, cherish him, and forgive the human foibles he may display sometimes.

To the men reading, which of these lies have you used, and why?



25 comments:

  1. Did they really need a study to find out men lie most???? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. #3 is just a no-win situation. Just try telling the truth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't you heard that flattery will get you everywhere?

      Delete
    2. Lol. Maybe, just maybe, that's the statistic that makes men lie more...

      Delete
  3. This is interesting stuff. Looking at this from a religion point of view though, why do we act like "lying" is a lesser sin, in comparison to things like homosexuality or adultery?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't know why. And to think it's even one of the 10 commandments.

      Delete
  4. FML, Just 3 a day? I need to work on get back to the average bucket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...this is one average you don't want to meet.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. That's true. Both men and women share some of those lies, including #1

      Delete
  6. I actually thought "i love you" was going to be the first on the list of lies. er well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I expected it too...although not top of the list

      Delete
    2. Awww...most people who say it mean it. I think :)

      Delete
  7. I can't believe they actually took time to carry out this research.
    Like Myne said, you have to know your man. Don't go staring at him every time he says something. This is how trust issues start o.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true, one has to take some of these articles with a pinch of salt.

      Delete
  8. That is funny but 2 versus 3 lies average per day is pretty close. Especially since some people *cough women cough* claim to be angels.

    I am laughing at 5 & 6 because my battery dies a lot (phone + charger = too much to carry around), and I find myself in areas with no signal very often (golf course).
    Hahaha. Poor truthful me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that one of your quota for the day? LOL...

      Delete
  9. The topic says "men lie more..." and I'm opening it thinking women are just #winning! Then you now come and read the lies the men tell and it's literally harmless lie mostly aimed at making the woman feel better so should we just call them POSITIVE LIES?

    If we could grade lies by severity, though I'm a woman, women lie more cos our lies are actually lies not safe things like "no darling, that dress looks great on you". Ours are more serious like "No! I did not spend $1000 on that Michael Kors bag"

    ReplyDelete
  10. The wind has blown and we have seen the fowl's yansh! “I’m on My Way” should have been among the top five. In fact, I'll rephrase it into "I'm five minutes away from you". Chei! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, I've heard a lot of that too :)

      Delete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.