Tuesday, October 23, 2012

How to Get Nigerian Igbo Guys - Search #1

Posted in: , , , ,

Remember when I announced the search series? Most of my #1 keywords are for topics we've already discussed, but when one we haven't comes along, I'll share - if it sounds interesting or I think you guys have an answer. The first was on how to reject a Nigerian man. Today, it is the opposite, someone wants to know how to get Nigerian Igbo guys. If these Igbo Nigerian men pictures below are anything to go by, I am not surprised, lol...





I did not land an Igbo man, but being somehow Igbo myself, maybe I can proffer some tips.

1. You must know how to keep house, and especially how to cook.
2. Learn how to speak Igbo, if only to say "Nna anyi" (Lord and master). Remember to bow when you say it.
3. Your skin has to be shining like the sun, whether dark or fair, preferably fair. Rub oil on it at all times, use ude aku (palm nut oil) if you can find it.
4. Be prepared to have many children, at least two boys and of course a girl to help you serve her father.
5. Your career is not really that serious. You are now an Ori-aku (chopper of wealth) and so you can stay home and keep busy looking after the house and children
6. You will attend village and town union meetings, and be a cute and beautiful ambassador - a la Bianca Ojukwu.

OK, OK, I am just joking o. Seriously though, Igbo men are not much different from other men and some basics apply for anyone wanting to get a man. I've summed up some of them below;

- Keep some perspective, even as you go getting your man, get yourself too. Only as a well rounded individual will you know what you really want. Also, a balanced and versatile person is more interesting than a one-dimensional one.

- Take time to know each other. Not in terms of years, days or months, but in depth of conversations and communications. Be open and honest and you will probably get the same. Be perceptive and watch how a man reacts when upset, or hungry for instance.

- Nobody is perfect, not you and not them. Realize that and be willing, able, and ready to compromise on some issue. Not on your deal breakers o.

I'm still waiting on Igbophilia and Ginger, among others who have managed to land them an igbo man, to tell us how can one begin to get these specimens of manhood known as Igbo men?




21 comments:

  1. lol.....cant wait for the answer to this one

    ReplyDelete
  2. The answers will definitely be fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO @ "If the pictures below are anything to go by, I am not surprised, lol..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. How come no one is dishing? Myne help your people out, are you not Igbo?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for doing this! I think I'm going to start this series on my blog. Maybe once a month or something!

    My advice for women looking for Igbo men is to be Igbo themselves! Then all you need to do is cook some soup (preferably something like bitterleaf or ora/oha or egusi) and then leave it on your window sill. The Igbo men in your area will smell that stuff from miles away and come running.

    (Kidding)

    On a serious note, its like Myne said, it is really no different from any other man. Not sure why anyone would search for that term sha but people are special so who knows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! Amen!! Amen!!! Certified foolproof plan. Hahaha nah jk

      Delete
  6. LOL! ! Ok me too I'm looking forward to Ginger's comment. I like your own tips though especially where you say my skin must be shining like the sun. Loll

    ReplyDelete
  7. Off to find me some ude aku!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL. I was thinking "this cannot be Myne" as I read your tips.

    ReplyDelete
  9. issokay........these pictures of Igbo men ehn....odikwa risky oh. If the pictures are "template" of how igbo men look......no wonder someone googled "Igbo- Nigerian men are the most handsome men in Africa".lwkmd

    ReplyDelete
  10. Igbo men are just too handsome! I want one too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Igbo men are hit or miss... they are either just too fine or just too... much ogo (forehead/backhead) lol I comment my reserve

      Delete
  11. Igbo, Yoruba, Asian, Spanish boys are all the same!! Men have the same needs regardless of where they come from. As per the person using these hot, sexy looking Igbo men as her inspiration to search...Oya, just know there is another end of the spectrum. Just saying. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chai! I can balance a glass of water on these abs. *drinks the water*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...thats funny!

      Delete
    2. If the babes are only interested in the Igbo guys cos of their physique then the good news is many mechanics have better and natural abs. let them just look around their neighborhood....lol

      Delete
  13. Okay, I am Igbo, and this cracked me up because I have never dated an Igbo man. Maybe it has to do with the way I was raised? In any case, if you want to keep an Igbo man interested (I hate that word "catch", like the guy is a fish),you'd do the same thing you'd do for all men...maintain your dignity at all times, don't call him, don't always pick his calls, treat him respectfully (as you expect to be treated), and um...learn how to cook his favourite soup!

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.