Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Nigeria Beats Mali To Make it to AFCON Finals

Posted in: ,

One of my male readers on Twitter one day complained that I was talking love while Burkina Faso held Nigeria hostage. Well, let me talk some football, and since I've been monitoring the AFCON, it's an easy task. I'm happy to bring the good news that we made it, lol...

I'm so excited for Nigeria and the Super Eagles. Now let's bring the trophy home.

Nigeria cruised to a 4-1 win over Mali on Wednesday to reach the African Cup final for the first time in more than a decade.

Nigeria dominated from the start and opened the scoring with a header by Elderson Echiejile in the 25th minute. Brown Ideye added to the lead in a breakaway in the 30th and Emmanuel Emenike netted from a free kick in the 44th.

Ahmed Musa scored the fourth goal in the 60th as Nigeria ended Mali’s hopes of lifting the trophy to bring joy to the fans enduring political instability and conflicts back home.


Cheick Diarra got Mali’s consolation goal in the 75th.

Nigeria hadn’t made it to the final since 2000 and will be trying to win the title for the first time since 1994.



5 comments:

  1. You really bring good news. Congratulations Super Eagles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bia Myne these days you are blogging on super speed I haven't even finished reading your most current article before you post another one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonna bredas see you in the finals. lol
    Luv Ghana Blackstars

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to Nigeria's Super Eagles for plucking off the feathers of the baby Eagles of Mali! Waitng to have the Cup in Nigeria!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yamato....up Nigeria. I am so proud of the die-hard naija spirit. We are bringing the cup home.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.