Monday, April 22, 2013

Watch Araromire - The Figurine by Kunle Afolayan Free Online

Posted in: , , , ,


They say good things come to those who wait. I watched Araromire on the HiBuzz app in December 2011 after making a payment of $7 in October and enduring a couple of months of the site's technical issues. Now Aroromire is free on youtube for all those who have been waiting for it, and some of us who can't wait to see it again.

The movie is one of the two best Nigerian movies - the other is Ije [review] - I've seen in the past couple of years. This is one of the reasons other Nollywood directors have a lot of work to do to catch up, this movie is amazing. The actors are on point, the story twists and trips keeps you guessing and tense for most of the film and the end is a very satisfying. From the blurb;

Araromire is neither good nor evil; for anyone that comes in contact with her shall flourish for seven years and for another seven years that follows, Araromire becomes wrathful, unleashing terror and destruction on whoever has her in custody.

While serving at a National Youth Service Corps camp, two friends find a mystical sculpture in an abandoned shrine in the forest, and one of them decides to take the artwork home. Unknown to them, the sculpture is the same from the Yoruba goddess Araromire.


Is the Figurine a story of a love triangle, friendship, loyalty, betrayal? Or is it about the lingering power of curses, whether or not we believe in fate? The genre is thriller characterized by a strong spiritual theme spiced with a bit of romance.

Who else has seen Araromire? What did you think? If you haven't, watch it here and leave your thoughts.





13 comments:

  1. I say Araromire on Hibuzz too, I was more than impressed with the plot & the story. The cinematography, props, everything was a solid A. Unfortunately, hibuzz went up in smoke a few months ago, I haven't been able to log onto their pages in ages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I noticed that as well. I removed their app from my system after that.

      Delete
  2. Thanks a lot Myne! Been wanting to watch this movie after all the rave reviews I have read and heard.

    I'll give the movie a 10!!

    I don't know how the managed to remove the juju-ness from this movie even though there was some juju in it. Am I even making sense? There was a finesse to it that I really liked.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the movie after Kola Boof recommended it on her twitter. It is a good movie, but I wish it did not have the secondary storyline involved in it. The twist was just out of this world and I didn't know if I really liked it. In any case, it is a solid movie and worth a watch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was hands down one of the best Nigerian movies I have watched! Great acting, interesting story line and an amazing picture quality. It is actually the first Nigerian movie that my Congolese boyfriend actually watched with me from its beginning to the end! Proudly Nigerian!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just watched it and its impressive. Good plot, good picture. Kunle really did well on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the movie. I will share with others.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm amazed, I must say. Seldom do I come across a blog that's both educative and interesting, and without a
    doubt, you've hit the nail on the head. The problem is something that not enough folks are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I came across this during my search for something regarding this.

    Also visit my site ... www.iherb.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very attention-grabbing, You're an overly professional blogger.
    I have joined your feed and sit up for searching for more of
    your fantastic post. Additionally, I've shared your site in my social networks

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am not sure where you're getting your info, but great topic.
    I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more.

    Thanks for magnificent info I was looking for this info for my mission.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi to every single one, it's in fact a pleasant for me to pay a quick
    visit this web page, it includes precious Information.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have read so many content about the blogger lovers however this paragraph is in fact a pleasant piece of writing, keep it
    up.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.