Monday, July 8, 2013

Nigella Lawson's Husband Announces Divorce Via Newspaper

Posted in: , ,

Charles Saatchi announced yesterday that he was going to divorce his wife, Nigella Lawson. This is following on the heels of their public row last month, where he grabbed her throat [see pictures]. If he had tried to make the pictures look worse than the real thing, I think this move proves how serious the rift between the couple really is.


Or else, Charles Saatchi is not thinking straight for whatever reason.

Why do I say so? Because his reason for going ahead with a divorce is that Nigella Lawson did not publicly defend his reputation after those images went viral on the internet. Seriously?

Indeed. Saatchi told the Mail on Sunday

‘I am sorry to announce that Nigella Lawson and I are getting divorced.
‘I feel that I have clearly been a disappointment to Nigella during the last year or so, and I am disappointed that she was advised to make no public comment to explain that I abhor violence of any kind against women, and have never abused her physically in any way.’


Dail mail reports that this statement is how Nigella Lawson will get the news of their divorce which I find very crass. The article also details how he refused to accept responsibility for what he did, what happened, and how the pictures portrayed them and their relationship.

The only tolerable news out of all this that Charles Saatchi was cautioned by the police after admitting he assaulted Nigella Lawson. Also, she and her children, who are from a previous marriage have left the family home.

Most couples have their rocky patches, but while one hopes they can work through them, reconciliation requires each person, especially the abusive partner, swallowing their pride, and accepting their mistakes as well as help if need be to become a better and less angry person.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.