Tuesday, October 29, 2013

My Birthday Weekend - A Football Game with Seattle Sounders and LA Galaxy

Posted in: , , ,

By Nkem Akinsoto

Like I said earlier, this was a very busy weekend for me, but I'm beginning to get back to myself now, lol. On Saturday, I went out for a ladies night, and we went Karaoke! Pictures coming since I have to get permissions from the other ladies. On Sunday, Atala and I went for a soccer/football match and it was a great night out. Both teams played well, and though we were hoping our Sounders would prevail, it ended in a draw.

But before all that, let me talk about the experience and how different it was from what I'd known and what I expected. We've always known that Sounders were in Seattle, but none of us are football freaks like that, though it's probably the only game Atala and I both follow.

Well, we did follow the Sounders team on the news, they are our home team, and they're in the Major League Soccer (the equivalent of the premier league in the UK). Also, when Obafemi Martins moved here, I became more interested. When it turned out they had a game on my birthday weekend, I just had to go and Atala obliged.











I was thinking we'll drive, but all indications showed it was better to take public transport. We took the bus, which is really good in our area, and got there with the hordes of fans. You may not believe this but over 66,000 spectators attended the match!

And the players made it worth our time. Oh, yes, before I forget, we were sitting quite close to the field and as it turned out, the fans remained on their feet for all of the match! The entire 90mins plus, lol. We only sat during the half time, lol.

As I was saying, it was an entertaining match. Sounders scored in the first half, and LA Galaxy equalized in the second half. We kept hoping for another goal, even up to the flurry of corner kicks for the Sounders in the final minutes, but it was not to be.

Be that as it may, we loved the outing, and will probably be doing it again.




5 comments:

  1. Thanks to my father who informed me concerning this web site, this blog is genuinely remarkable.



    Feel free to visit my site social security disability att

    ReplyDelete
  2. is that your hair, it has grown so much

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday!!!!! Soccer's becoming quite the thing in America!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Berry, it is indeed. I was quite surprised at the crowd.

      Delete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.