Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Actor Jonah Hill Apologizes For Using Homophobic Slur Against Paparazzi

Posted in: , ,

Jonah Hill was shown in a video clip recently cussing out at a photographer with a homphobic slur. The actor has now told radio host Howard Stern that he lost his cool with the paparazzo and is really sad for using the "disgusting" word.

Celebrity gossip site TMZ early Tuesday morning released a video of the incident in which Hill tells a man following him to "Suck my d---, you f-----."


CNN reports that the actor - nominated for the Oscars in 2011 for Moneyball and in 2013 for The Wolf of Wall Street, told Howard Stern he never meant to insult gay people.


"I played into exactly what he wanted and lost my cool and in that moment I said a disgusting word that does not at all reflect how I feel about any group of people," he told Stern.

TMZ posted a one-minute clip shot by a photographer who at one point mocks Hill's shorts. Hill said the photographer had been following him all day and saying "hurtful things about my family."

"It would break my heart to think that anyone would think, especially with all the work that I have done and all the loved ones that I have, that I would be against anyone for their sexuality," Hill said.

Hill added that he has long been a gay rights advocate. Before the Winter Olympics in Russia, Hill took a public stance against Moscow's anti-gay laws. He tweeted: "Help us show Russia & the world that #LoveConquersHate" while wearing a T-shirt bearing the hashtag message in Russian.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.