Sunday, June 29, 2014

Adokiye Offering Her Virginity In Place Of Girls Kidnapped By Boko Haram - What Kind of Joke?

Posted in: , , , ,

I shook my head when it was reported that Adokiye Kyrian, a singer, had offered up her virginity if the Islamic extremist group Boko Haram would release the 200+ school girls kidnapped from Chibok back in April. When the news went viral on social media and began to get on foreign magazine, I was like WTH? Adokiye had told Vanguard’s Showtime;

“This is 11 p.m. in the night and do you know what I am thinking about? Those little girls, where they are and what could be happening to them. It is just unfair. They are too young. I wish I could offer myself in exchange. They are between 12 and 15 year old girls for Christ sake. I am older and more experienced. Even if 10 to 12 men have to take me every night, I don’t care. Just release these girls and let them go back to their parents.”


This is plainly someone who talks without thinking, and the reporter who first included the bit from the interview is obviously mischievious.

Well, I'll forgive her because she seems to have brought some form of attention back to the missing Chibok girls even if we all know her offer will never be the reason the girls are found and brought home.

Adokiye seems to know that too. Tweeting;

I urge people to be wise and focus on the aim rather than the source. We must not forget about those girls, THEY ARE STILL MISSING. #Bless

Indeed, we must not forget those girls. #BringBackOurGirls



1 comment:

  1. talks without thinking? based on what she said as you quoted above, I don't think so. I will admit that the constant Boko Haram kidnappings break my heart more because they are young girls as opposed to older women who are better able to psychologically and physically deal with the experience.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.