Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Naya Rivera Says Only White People Shower Daily - Minorities On Twitter Disagree

Posted in:

And vehemently too! You see, Naya Rivera was discussing hygiene while co-hosting The View this morning, where she revealed that she only showers once every three days. As the crowd reacted with considerable shock, the actress explained, "I believe white people shower more than ethnics."

Ehmm... what? I'm an ethnic minority in America and I shower daily. What is she talking about?

On Twitter, there is outrage and the actress and singer is trending and getting so much more fire than she did after dumping Big Sean and getting married within 3 months, read here.

Naya Rivera is of the opinion that she's doing the right thing by not showering everday, telling the other ladies on The View;

"I feel like showering more than once a day or every day is such a white people thing. My mom is half Black, half Puerto Rican, she showers every day, so I can say this. But I'm now married to a white man. He showers a lot, like 2, 3 times a day. I'm like, "What are you doing?" So... a dermatologist says you are only supposed to shower once or twice every three days, so I'm right on the mark." 

Naya Rivera, is half Puerto Rican and a quarter African American and many wonder whether she is speaking for herself alone or all the minority races. Many see it as she is insulting her own people by insinuating that these other races are dirtier than white people.

With all the outcry, Naya Rivera says it was just a joke.




Some not very amused tweets on the subject;
































No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.