Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Gift Idea - How to Make Valentines Last More Than One Day

Posted in: , , , , , , ,
C:\Users\afolabi.ejalonibu\Desktop\cb.jpg

Everyone loves something wrapped nicely in a box, on special occasions like Valentine, but could you give something more thoughtful this year? Last year, I was cash strapped and wanted to get a nice present for my boyfriend. I couldn’t deal with the typical valentine day oppression, where a lot of money would be spent to impress people, so I started looking for alternatives. However, It was difficult getting something in the Nigerian market that would match my budget and emotions.  After pondering for a few days I had my eureka moment!!! It dawned on me that I didn’t have to follow the herd and buy something I could not afford. I did not have to be bankrupt. Why?

I had found a gift that was quirky, expressive and affordable. Some of you are wondering what I could possibly be talking about. In two words, I found what is called a LOVE CHEQUE.

What do I mean by this? A love cheque is essentially a way of expressing love by creating a redeemable reward for your partner. It could be a promise of breakfast in bed, a weekend getaway or a back massage.  I can’t explain how excited my boyfriend was when he got something quite different from the norm. I mean I can’t tell you exactly what was written, *wink* but it gives you the opportunity to be creative and express yourself to your partner. It also gives that element of surprise to the recipient; the best part of it is that it can be used beyond Valentines Day. Rather than doing the same routine of buying perfume, chocolates or flowers, why don’t you spice up your relationship in a budget friendly way?  You can write a cheque and hide them in fun places to give them something exciting to look forward to each day, or you could also choose to give them one blank cheque for them to fill in themselves.  Now that I have told you about my eureka moment, what do you think?


Yours,
Damilola Olaogun
Creative Director, The Gift Fairy NG
Instagram: @thegiftfairyng
Email: giftfairyng@gmail.com



5 comments:

  1. HI DAMI WHAT A BRILLIANT ARTICLE I LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice article Dami, very interesting to read. You've made my Valentine week feel much better

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gift Fairy, Can I have one already. Oh my gosh. l love this.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.