Wednesday, March 10, 2010

SEASON TWO: Number deleted... by Myne

Posted in:
Over the years in his life, Chinedu had learnt one policy. He never pursued something he couldn't let go of whenever the moment demanded it. So now he scrolled to Iphey's name and chose the option to delete. He hesitated, and then he pressed on the button. The phone asked him if he was sure he wanted to delete that contact and all their details. He closed his eyes and...

The ring tone to his phone startled him and had his eyes flying open to the phone in his hands. Chinedu glanced quickly at the screen, his heart beginning to race once again. It was Habib's new number.

"Hello?" His tone was dull.

"Hey Nedu, what's up my guy?"

"I'm at home, where else do you expect?"

"Dude!" Habib's voice was surprised. "What's the deal? Wetin I do you?"

Chinedu forced himself to laugh. "Sorry dude, na just some wahala with Iphey."

"You and this Iphey babe. It's nearly three months since you start to chase that girl." Habib laughed, "always one palava after the other. You go out today, tomorrow you're not talking. If it's not your past, it's her boss. What is it this time?"

Chinedu laughed at himself and the situation. It really was funny. The truth was that he'd had relationships - if he could call them that - that lasted less than three months. This thing he had with Iphey had just been messing with his head. He determined to delete the number immediately after this and he would tell Aisha it was over if she ever asked.

"Let's not talk about it, I think I'm done." Chinedu sank down on the sofa behind him and leaned back against it. "What did you call to tell me?"

Habib paused for some seconds, "Are you sure, dude? I can talk if you want."

"No no...it's fine. I don make my decision."

"OK..." His friend drawled and Chinedu visualized him rolling his shoulders in his typical shrug before he continued. "Did I mention I am now embedded in your old area?"

"What are you doing in Ajegunle?!" Chinedu sprang up from the sofa as though burnt. That part of Lagos did not have very good memories for him. His parents had moved away more than ten years ago and he had not been back there since. He missed some of his old friends but the thought of the people he'd pissed off kept him firmly away.

"Relax dude, I'm not asking you to come down here." Habib chuckled. "It's part of the job I told you about and nobody knows of the connection between us."

Chinedu breathed easier. Habib was his closest friend and know more of his past than any other person. He also reminded himself that Habib was a trained operative of the EFCC and could take care of himself. Still he couldn't shake the dark sensation that crawled over his skin.

"I thought you said it was Mushin?" he murmured. "Anyway, promise me you'll be careful."

"Of course I will dude." Habib laughed. "I'm not so sure about this new guy I'll be working with sha..."

"You got a partner?"

"No, I just met this guy. He was introduced as my neighbor and it turns out he knows some people I'm working on. Some illegal gambling and loan networks on the Island. This is sure going to be interesting."

"Habib, I know you live for such thrills but believe me, you don't want to get on the wrong side of those kind of people."

Habib laughed. "I know and that's why I called you. I want you to be more careful now so you can remain in the loop. The information you continue to give us is very useful. And keep an eye on Aisha for me OK? "

"No problem. She actually called tonight to complain to me about you."

"Well dude, call her more often because I don't want her number on this new phone in case it falls in the wrong hands."

Chinedu sighed, "I will sure breathe easier when you guys complete this job successfully."

"With this new dude, his name is James, it might take less than the expected six weeks."

"Keep me posted, and be safe."

"Roger, will do. Over and out." Habib hung up his end.

Chinedu shook his head as he pressed the exit call button. Habib will play cops and robbers even on his deathbed. He looked at his screen and it had gone back to delete number. He pressed yes.


***************************************************

So people, we're back! Season two of Cupid's Risk is off with a bang! As usual, say what you think here in the comments and then vote for the chapter you want to see next.



40 comments:

  1. OH YEA....I WAS FIRST!!!! AND NOW SECOND!!! YAY!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...He actually deleted the number????...Something tells me that he's gonna regret it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok this blog layoutr is cool,coming back to read

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys, remember to vote and spread the word. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the layout too fantastic. Don't know much about the cupid series thou, but loved this write up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay!!!!!
    the plot thickens!!!!
    myne sign me up for season 2 oh<
    i must try my hand at this..
    i so love challenges...

    ReplyDelete
  7. and another
    so i can beat blowing blessigs and be number 1
    muhahahaha
    sowi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. just had to write another comment so i can be a top risker for once now
    hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. awww he actually deleted the number???? he'll def regret it besides how sure are we that he hasn't memorized it? i'm sure he can recite the number even in his sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hehehehehe.....i just wanna b a top risker too...so me gon comment just this time once more. atleast make my name sef enta am!

    ReplyDelete
  11. NOOO! I would have been first o! This thing didn't let me comment... :( I'm not mad at Blessing sha, but I'm coming for my position next time, lol. I loved this entry... Looking forward to reading more... :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. but chill o, why can't habib just go talk to iphey? shey he's friends wiv chinedu and he more than anybody else knows how much chinedu cares bout iphey??!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Damn! so he really deleted the num, well as beautiful said i'm sure knows the number off hand. Nice template.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely adore your new site, especially the header image.. Well done Myne! :)

    Hmmmn, he deleted her number?! ...dang.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Myne, I'm number whareva, but I don't care. Loving this, hope to get involved at some point. He deleted her number??? Like others have said, I bet he's got it crammed. Well done dear for blazing the trail, I'll be back for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love the new blog and the layout also.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am in love with this layout...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you all so much! Remember to vote and get the word about too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love this blog!

    the layout is just fab

    i missed this thing sha

    and i loved the story, though i do believe the repitition of the word 'dude' was a little too much.

    im voting for more on iphey :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. honestly, I love chinedu! good going!
    pls let habib be ok...i have a very bad feeling about this operation!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just stumbled in here.. but I'm staying strong oh.. This is really nice..
    Ok.. MY money's on Iphey...Also want more on Habib...the good the bad and ofcourse the ugly..

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for all the comments. Glad you like the template and the story so far. Follow the blog, vote and expect the next installment on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really like this story so far and will be following.

    ReplyDelete
  24. shooo.. Girl I am loving this blog oh.. the loook the feel, now the story and the suspense on what is to come... I am bookmarking (is that a word?) this and will be following (duru-duru-duru-duru - suspense thriller movie sound lol) very closely...

    why did he delete number nah? You write good... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. why did he delete it
    oh oh oh
    i know
    :)
    he knows the number by heart
    i hope he does

    ReplyDelete
  26. James again.. He shouldna deleted it.
    4 I go. I'm so voting on Iphey.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for all the comments. Welcome to the new blog and remember to vote.

    ReplyDelete
  28. wow I had to re read this.... was sooo sooo good!
    will def help spread the word!

    ReplyDelete
  29. but wait, am I the only one that noticed that Habib's new partner is James??
    wow!! I love this new template!
    The suspense is killing me tho!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!! We're bizaaaccck! Lol I'm prolly mo' excited than myne sef lol

    Ho ho @La pimpette! I thot it was just me o! I re-read your comment just in time..Well it may be coincidental :D Huh? Myne coincidence abi? lol I can't wait fOr the NEEEEEEXT!

    ReplyDelete
  31. @La-Pimpette and Aeedeeaee, I just sneaked it in there for the future stories, lol. I can't wait to see how this turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  32. James!!! And Chinedu really thinks he can just delete Iphey just like that, well my fingers are crossed. Nice one Myne, the puzzles are falling in place

    ReplyDelete
  33. so this is what has been going on im my absence...gr8..

    but that Nedu guy don cram the no finish, come de front deleting for here...lol..

    liked it

    ReplyDelete
  34. No o o o!
    is that the end of the story?

    Myne...

    ReplyDelete
  35. Tisha, it is not the end oo, check your email. LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  36. First time here and I'm hooked! Interesting concept, lovely blog and the story has me fast-forwarding to the others...

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thank you Sisimi, you're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Myne,you didn't tell me about this one oh???but it's alright and as usual you're on top
    I would do anything for love in as much as I don't displease myself
    You've won my vote

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.