Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Great Con

Posted in:
Nominated Best Writing Blog 2010 The Nigerian Blog Awards. Need a sample?

This is a bit out of character for me, mush romantic me. But yeah, shit happens too.

I got to know a stranger
When he beeped my pager
We later had a merger
And he took over the ledger
Didn’t know he was a forger
A talented artful dodger

Couldn’t believe what he’d done
Until after he had gone
I was the victim of a con
And it was time to mourn
He might now be on the run
But I swear he has not won

Then I got a tip-off call
He was seen with a new doll
I had taken a bad fall
And he was having a ball
I visited him with a carry-all
Shot him in the front hall.

__________________________________________

Do you like what you just read?

Now go and vote. The Nigerian Blog Awards.



24 comments:

  1. What,i'm first!!!!Good Year!!!

    Lol, this is funny--definitely out of charaCTER--with all the rhyming cracking me up. What in heaven was going on in ur mind?!!
    U def have my vote jare. Carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MW...full of surprises aren't ya. Liking the flow and rhyme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would have shot him too
    lol
    loved it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the rhymes...
    Indeed, didn't sound like the Myne I know though.. lol

    - LDP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why do i just love that last verse...lol, out of character or not... me likes...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol @ mush romantic...i don't agree...very well done

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, definitely different from your usual. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yipee!!!!!! u shot him? y na?

    lol. very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i like the sing song cutesy-ness of it lol and yet it harbors such gloom.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the comments, I laughed after writing this but it was a gloom mood thatmade me write it in the first place.

    Glad you liked, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a new side of you Myne...

    I like it though

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so very much like you! I totally enjoyed this!
    I voted for you before coming here.. Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh babes...ol'faithful rhymes...i thank you so much, for i loved what i just read...its been eons since i read a simple poem that put a smile on my face

    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Harry, right? *smiles*

    @@cute4u, are you sure? Hmmm...

    @Miss Fab and Dee, thank you so much.

    @Baroque, glad my poem was able to do that. Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmmn! Sweet - and GANGSTA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i would bust a cap in his ass too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. lol at Elle Woods. Myne this was hilarious and a fun read. I like the jauntiness of the tone too

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.