Saturday, July 16, 2011

Picture Weekend - On the trails of the Grand Canyon

Posted in: , , ,

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend? Thanks for all the comments on my 400th post, answers to the questions will be up next week. Today, I'm going to break my rule of adding commentary to pictures today, after all, rules are meant to be broken, right? Like when you clearly see the Danger Sign and decide to go one step beyond it and then dangle off the edge of a cliff. Yeah, that's me. Please do not try this at home, LOL...



I can be a very level-headed person, but I used to be, and can still be, quite mischievous, and watching Lion King as a teenager, my favorite line was from young Simba...you got it...
Danger? Hah! I walk on the wild sideI laugh in the face of danger. Ha ha ha ha! ...
So while we were at the Grand Canyon, I don't know what happened. It might either have been the awesomeness of the views or Atala's fear of heights, but I was having so much fun giving in to my wild side. You know sometimes you have to chuck all your fears to the side, and grab life full frontal in order to get the best out of a particular experience. It was amazing!

I encourage everyone to step out of their comfort zone once in a while and do something they can either learn from, or simply have fun doing. And here's a special shout out to all winners at the Blog Awards, NIL, 9jaFoodie, Feistypen, Sisi Yemmie, Chutzpah woman, Sting, Omojuwa, Linda Ikeji, etc...una well done o, where is the party at? :)

Have a great weekend everyone. More pictures when you click read more...



















26 comments:

  1. Wow!!! You both are so adorable and what an adventure! I love when you post real pictures, it makes it so much fun...nice one Myne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.you were brave to stay at the edge of that cliff o,lol. And you're so right about leaving our comfort zones once in a while so that we can have fun or learn.
    have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you really standing at the edge like that??? Nne, you try o. Pictures are lovely....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes oh....I agree with leaving your comfort zones BUT ....and a big BUT....I will only take calculated risks LOL
    Me + cliff + edge ...can never appear in the same sentence LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome is that canyon? WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are some brave somebody...edge of the cliff... I would never try that, lailai.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmmmmmm...... out of comfort zone huh, well honey am not about to dangle off of nothing voluntarily, like Atala I am afraid of heights. I might dare to take a picture but only if I am strapped in and held there by a 20 ton crane.

    Glad you having fun.
    Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    Rhapsody

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL...I promise I've got my sanity back now...no more cliff edges.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Myne-

    I'm Judd Corizan from the blog Sunday Stealing (http://sundaystealing.blogspot.com). Every week we rip a meme off someone's blog. Today we chose yours from July of 2010. We give you full credit and link back to your blog. The great thing is that a lot of previous "victims" such as yourself have become regular players! We usually publish the blog between 1 and 3 PM EST Saturday. We usually get between 40 to 60 people who play and comment on each others responses. And a lot of our players are previous victims of our theft like you! We hope you play along in the weeks to come! Thank you and have a great day...

    Judd

    ReplyDelete
  10. MYNEEEEE,yhu wan fall,I feel like telling yhu,yhu are on yhur own. :D
    yhu and Atala look sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adventure! That is the word! WoW!

    That picture with your hubby is beautiful! God bless you both!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That first picture looked scary. I think i'm scared of heights too. I just want to drop to the ground and not move.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel him oh, cause i'm not for heights! But i definitely feel you too about being daring. So interesting :D

    Adiya
    Muse Origins (formerly The Corner Shop)
    Muse Origins

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like good fun.

    True talk, "Fear has its use but cowardice has none", abi?

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love the way you visit places with your hubby and take pictures..really nice!!! u'd have a lot of sweet memories in future :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. ah Myne!!!!
    where u sitting at d edge of the grand canyon
    AH!!!!
    that one has passed getting out of comfort zone oh

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for all the comments.

    @IMW, true talk/

    @ Nikki, I agree and that's why I love taking pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  18. "You know sometimes you have to chuck all your fears to the side, and grab life full frontal in order to get the best out of a particular experience"

    I agree...

    Such lovely photos, I must admit.

    - LDP

    ReplyDelete
  19. lovely pictures...would love to get on that edge too sometime..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Myne! What?! Let's just say that the models at ANTM have got nothing on you with that "dangerous pose".
    That's so daring!
    You sure had fun

    ReplyDelete
  21. She loves to live on the edge *wink* *wink*

    You be correct chic joo. See how it gives the picture a certain air. love it! Stop giving Atala heart attack o..

    ReplyDelete
  22. U bold gan!
    Nice pictures! The grand canyon is definitely on my list of 'things I want to do.'

    ReplyDelete
  23. you did what????

    MW, you still be really 9ja! .hahaha

    lovely pics.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely pics you got there!

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.