Saturday, November 5, 2011

Weekend Pictures - Some thoughts from FaceBook

Posted in:
So Facebook recently seem to have put more weight in pictures and nowadays, I find my timeline strewn with some of these nuggets among others. Hope you like them too...
Wise words and yes, you are beautiful. Remember, there's sunshine after every storm. Sometimes, we actually need the rain to wash stuff away so we can see clearly. 

So not only is there Plan B, there's plan C all the way to Z. Pretty cool way of saying, keep trying. Perseverance sure works. Reminds me of Aaliyah's Try again. If at first you don't succeed...
True words. You'll be surprised how much of your life, including your attitude in most things, is determined by the people around you. Be careful who you choose as friends and confidantes. 
 This is an interesting one, you may need to enlarge to read. Makes you think. I'm a fan of FB and all, but sometimes, I wonder. Is there a catch? When something seems too good to be true, it usually is.
Funny, this one. I wrote a short story for it on Naijastories.com

“Wait for them,” Biodun told the driver of the airconditioned jeep, his feet jiggling to thoughts of where he wished to be, in the hotel room he’d booked for their first night together. Remi was taking the last of the photographs in the now empty grounds of church as most of the people who attended their wedding had moved on to the reception hall.
“Soon darling,” she mouthed as she finally got in her own jeep and closed the door.
Biodun wondered what had possessed him to agree to separate vehicles to the reception, even the few minutes apart would be agony. He wound down his window and motioned Remi to do the same. While she was still at it, he wiggled out of the space toward her. He just had to have a kiss.
Do you have your own theory? Please share. Enjoy fall and do have a lovely weekend. Mwah!



16 comments:

  1. LMMAAAOOO that last picture is just pure hilarity! dem for hold body small till evening time na!
    The other nuggets are really quite true. Nothing in this world is free cos someone, somewhere is paying for it in someway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quotes. I can relate to some of them. lol the last picture was funny. At first i was like is that the best man she is kissing lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially like the pix about having the rest of the alphabets to work with if Plan A doesn't work. That's so true. Lol @ the last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like FB but I had to chill on putting my info on there. I dont trust all these corporations sef.

    lol @ the last picture. Its cute! your story captures it quite well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Seen a couple of these actually (on Facebook as well!). Funny and inspirational! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are briiliant statements to reflect on.
    The Julian Assange/ Mark Zuckerberg comparison strikes me the most.
    Unfortunate, but that is the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the quotes and i love the picture of the couple.
    www.secretlilies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite ones were the quote on Plan A (very true!) and the picture of the couple ... so dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love these and my fav. has always been the one about 25 other plans to work with, always keep me going

    ReplyDelete
  10. The last picture just made my day... the quotes are all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The difference between Assange and Zuckerberg is that Assange's sharing could get someone killed.

    Although I've heard some of the sharing on FB has gotten some people fired.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't do Facebook but some of those pictures resonated very well with my love for words with deep philosophical meanings. My own theory would be, "live and let others live. The world is big enough for everyone".

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that wedding photo o... see burning passion! haha. I can only wonder how the wedding night would be like... haha.

    I like the second quote better. And yes, I saw it on facebook too.

    - LDP

    ReplyDelete
  14. No way Myne, I don't support this your story :)
    They know what they did the night before that they can't wait for the right time ;)

    Btw, I love the quotes. So inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  15. what we say about 6 degrees of separation between being good and bad (Assange/Zuckerberg)..sad but true.

    As for the last pix, I shall call it 'Groom planking'.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The last picture is soo funny.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.