Sunday, February 5, 2012

My Best Superbowl Commercials - Couple Love

Posted in: , ,

I confess, I do not follow American football, nor do I watch the superbowl, but since moving to the US, I've gone from complete ignorance, to at least knowing what it's all about. And the major thing I like about the whole media blitz that comes along with the finals is the ad segment. Some of the commercials can be so good. As usual, I've just watched most of them, the good and the bad, and below are my favorites. They are about love and relationships :)




Adriana Lima says in the Teleflora Super Bowl Ad - "Guys, Valentine's Day is not so complicated. Give, and you shall receive." What do you think? True or False?


In the Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt Super Bowl 2012 Commercial - "The Tease", a woman headbutts her sneaky partner. I don't think I would do that, especially if he looked like John Stamos. (I feel in love with him as a preteen watching back episodes of Full House)


The 2012 Kia Optima ad "A Dream Car. For Real Life" made me go, Awwww...  A man goes past all the objects of his dreams to rescue his damsel in distress. Cute!

Other ads worth mentioning include the Audi vampire party, Dog with Running shoes, Matthew Broderick Honda, Coca-cola polar bears, Seinfeld Acura, Clint Eastwood Halftime, The Doritos briber dog, The Chevrolet graduation, VW Keep fit dog, and Baby Bungee.

I didn't really like the naked woman focus of the Godaddy .co ad, is that like an adult url? And Jillian from the Biggest Loser was in it? Hmm...





9 comments:

  1. The Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt made laugh so hard i had to share it on facebook lol..
    And the car one is sooooo sweeet.. awwww

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...that was so funny for real, more so cos I wasn't expecting that.

      Delete
  2. Car commercials have always been my Super Bowl best & this year was no exception. I can remember last year's Dark Vader commercial and now Chrysler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree the car companies seem to be the most, and they had some great ones this year too, but no matched that Darth Vader child ad, lol...that was classic.

      Delete
  3. Hi Myne, there has been some discussion with some of my friends on FB about the Adriana Lima advert. Comments such as 'misogynistic, awful and horrendous.' Their point is that no woman (and especially Adriana) would think that accepting a bouquet of flowers was an invitation into her bed.

    I saw the advert as a romantic, flirtatious event and even that a girl would be very lucky to have somebody in their life who could afford to spend that much money on them and also loved them enough to do so.

    I didn't like the voilence in the yoghurt advert and thought that was outrageous, it was fine up until then.

    The car advert - well we all know that the automative industry uses the female sex to sell their products and whatever else we think we all know that 'sex sells.'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the ads are very traditional, and so I take them as they are. I also saw the flower ad as more flirtatious and romantic than anything serious. I do not agree with Adrianna specifically about flowers and valentine and men.

      But the saying still holds true. Relationships are give and take, and it is nice for both people in a relationship to always show their appreciation to one other.

      Delete
  4. I love the second one best! haha. It makes sense! lol

    - LDP

    ReplyDelete
  5. My internet has shown me life. I was finally able to view the ads. Nice!!

    Love the Oikos one too and the last..Poor Galahad or whatever. Horses are so old duh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Galahad indeed, but who needs him? The Oikos one is funny :)

      Delete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.