Friday, March 16, 2012

Ashley Judd in Missing - The ABC TV Show

Posted in: , , ,

Who watched Missing - the ABC series with Ashley Judd yesterday? After seeing trailers ads on almost every other website including the large one here on my blog, I decided to give it a go yesterday. I didn't last more than 30 mins and I think that told me all I needed to know. I feel they rushed into the story, with the husband blown up in their first five minutes, and Ashley Judd fighting the baddies within 15 minutes. A slow build-up of both the character and story suspense would have worked better for me. As it is, I haven't really connected with the main character and I'm supposed to be cheering her on?

Already, from the promos on TV, I knew it was along the same plot lines as Taken, a movie with Liam Neeson where his daughter was kidnapped for sex trafficking in France. It turns out he's a CIA operative and he goes into action to rescue her. Missing is basically the same, except here, it is the mother that is an Ex-CIA agent and going to save her son in Italy. I have been wondering if such a movie-like story can be told in series and I don't have a positive answer at this stage. I will give it another try next week, but I don't know.

Truth is, I'm a fan of Ashley Judd from the movie, Double Jeopardy, but she appears much too serious in this role. I guess having your son kidnapped will do that to you. Also, Missing reminds me a bit of NBC Undercovers (With Boris Kodjoe and South African actress, Gugu Mbatha-Raw), another series with spies travelling all over the world and fighting the baddies. However, like that one, I have a feeling Missing may soon be cancelled.

Fingers crossed for the show. I hope the upcoming Scandal will be better.



8 comments:

  1. Definitely looking forward to Scandal cos I really like the lead actress (whose name has momentarily skipped my mind).

    I must have missed all the hype about MISSING and thankfully so. I think we have enough crime series' on TV as it is.

    Taken was a good movie, odds of a series ever comparing to it are zero to none.

    I'm now going to go back and find out when scandal is premiering. Did you hear of AWAKE? Have you seen it? Was it good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The main actress in Scandal is Kerry Washington. Missing has been seriously hyped, but we shall see.

      Yes, I saw the first two episodes of Awake. I think the premise of living two lives is good, but for me, it is overly complicated by the dual detective work that has to be solved in each episode.

      Delete
  2. I saw Missing, too. It was okay...but nothing special. I'm already watching too many tv series, so I don't think I'll continue this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing special, really. I'll give it another week, I think.

      Delete
  3. Wow! Myne, your site looks fantastic! Permit me for just noticing, haven't been in Blogsphere for a while. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lily. Yes, I've been doing some redecorating.

      Delete
  4. I agree, I feel like they gave too much too soon and the following episodes will have her fighting one bad guy after the next with yeye excuses as to why the son can't be found but who knows? i loved the fight scene in her son's room though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Yes, I liked that too. She fights good :)

      Delete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.