Saturday, June 30, 2012

Weekend Pictures - Visit to Seward Park in Seattle

Posted in: , , , , , ,

The other day, we were coming from a trip to the cinema and Atala suggested we slot in a quick visit to Seward Park in Seattle, one we hadn't been to before. I wasn't dressed, as per shoes, for hiking, but he promised it would be a short one. So off we went. The breeze was surprisingly strong off Lake Washington, the water you see in the pictures, and it blew my wig every which way.

We spent just about an hour but had quite the adventure in that little time, including encountering a snake! I don't like snakes and if you're like me, you may skip the last two pictures. As since I have to keep up my online reputation, only the beautiful pictures are included in this post, hehehe...


Another visitor took this lovely picture

Choppy lake, even the ducks are huddling (below)


When I saw that the Amphitheater was empty...

I decided to practice my public speaking


A great stage for performing, I think

The snake! I almost stepped on it! Kept off the grass after that

Atala made me add this so you know how small the snake really was :)

Hope you all are having a great weekend? Mwah!





18 comments:

  1. Wow! Lovely lovely way to spend d day! I don't know when last I went out on a fun adventure like this...might just take a cue from you***winks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should, it's a sure stressbuster :)

      Delete
  2. Haha. I like that u stated that "Atala made you add this". So it was a small snake afterall? But u never know just how much of a Punch so-called little things pack oh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He was laughing that I freaked out so much people would think it was a cobra, but small snakes can be dangerous too, right?

      Delete
  3. ahahahahha yep small snake.(dont like them too). aww lovely memories.. ur family is so amazing and double amazing when you have your children.. u all be going on adventures creating memories and having a family packed adventures time..

    u are soooo tiny too.. am sure Atala loves it.. #happygrin#.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear, I so don't like snakes, and there's how dangerous so many of them are.

      Delete
  4. I can't stand snakes!

    Looks like you had a wonderful day out, though. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL at the last picture (and caption). I hate snakes too. Maybe this one was on its way to the amphitheater to practice its public speaking too. Who knows? *shrugs shoulders*

    I wondered about hiking in those shoes till I read your explanation. You guys know how to enjoy yourselves sha.

    *still thinking of that snake*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...I almost snorted water at that! Public speaking for snakes 101, lol...

      Delete
  6. This is really beautiful! Love the pictures. Thank you for sharing and do continue to enjoy your weekend, especially that the snake is no longer around. (smiling)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yvonne, thanks a lot. Do have a great one too.

      Delete
  7. What a great way to enjoy d day and relax after a stressful week. I do take long walk too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the part of you practising your public speaking...hehehe...no one can imagine all the hardwork and effort you put into being successful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely shoes! couldnt get my eyes off them :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely pics. Man the first pic scared me too cos I was like that is such a huge snake, then the second pic made me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved the nice images. Looks like you really enjoyed yourself.

    Snake appeared much bigger in the initial photograph. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice pics, Myne. Kai! I detest snakes as well...I automatically assume Usain Bolt's position whenever I see one. I noticed your wedges too...mi likey! :)


    www.blazyfashion.com

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.