Sunday, August 19, 2012

World Humanitarian Day with Beyonce's I WAS HERE

Posted in: , , ,
Doing something good, somewhere, for someone else.

As a celebration of all the humanitarian work across the globe, Beyoncé sang her awesome, I was Here (my thoughts on the song) at the UN General Assembly in New York to inspire people to leave their mark on the world. I watched the video and tears came to my eyes. I know I am leaving my mark on my world in my own way, but each day I ask myself, can I do more, am I doing enough?


Major props to all those in the service sectors, charity/aid workers and volunteers, nurses, doctors, fire service, and police, but even in little ways - like sharing a used coat with someone who doesn't have - each of us can make a difference too. What are you doing, what will you do?

Aside - Beyonce is certainly wearing a magic, but those hips don't lie o...

Happy Sunday everyone and Eid Mubarak! Enjoy the public holiday for those in Nigeria.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.