Friday, September 28, 2012

How to Remove the Blogger Word Verification

Posted in: ,

I know I'm not the only one who finds this word verification frustrating, the picture above sparked this post. I've seen other posts and comments calling on bloggers to take it out. Especially with the the new word verification captcha system that has two words, and sometimes even numbers in a box! On a few occasions, it takes me 2 or 3 tries to get it right and I've even lost one or two comments because I couldn't get it right or I decided to move on and leave no comment.


It was only a few days ago I realized it might not be easy for some new and not so frequent bloggers to work out how to remove the word verification.

For those who are wondering why they should be concerned about removing the word verification, or who actually want to leave it on, consider this;

- Unless you are blogging for yourself and have completely disabled commenting, you may be blogging to build community. But if the discussion is only one way, what's the gain? Word verification reduces the chances of someone leaving a comment on your blog and by changing the setting, you will be attracting more readers and comments.

- If one of your aims of blogging is to earn some income, then you may want to know that comments increase traffic via repeat visits to your blog. People leave comments and then come back to read any replies and other comments.

OK, I can hear you asking, so how do you remove this thing?


1. Go to your Dashboard

2. Click "Settings" by the left lower side

3. Click "Posts and Comments" in the options that drop down

4. Scroll down until you see "Show word verification"

5. Click on the arrow by the side and Select "No"

6. That's it. Thank you.

Read more HERE




16 comments:

  1. I read about removing captcha somewhere today. I love your blog design so much. I also love the content. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am one of those readers that see word verification and move on to the next blog it's so annoying. I hope bloggers that have it will take note and remove it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The other day, I left three comments on one post wondering if they were lost. Now I see you moderate comments on older posts. oh k!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not going to comment on word verification blogs anymore, there's just not enough time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I leave a comment on a blog... I click publish... page refreshes... I think it has posted? No! Time to fill out word verification. I usually still fill it out because I feel like I put forth so much creative genius in that comment to waste it... (hehe) but e go hard for me to return to that blog again sha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks a bunch, the captcha thing can be really frustrating.

    http://alldatmatas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. i tried posting a comment today on someone's blog with word verification and was prompted at least 4 times. I almost gave up but i persevered :-). It can be frustrating and really chases people away from leaving comments on blogs...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this. You've talked about it before and it's very useful. Word verification is very annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think some bloggers know they have word verification on their blogs. I didn't know it was on mine when I started.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tip Myne. Thanks for sharing it! I will definitely remove it from my blogs..can be really annoying especially that you make 3 and more attempts before you succeed. Peace & blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Extremely useful - thanks! Just changed my blog settings.

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for this never knew i had on mine was wondering i wasnt getting comments until someone dropped me a mail about it..this was helpful..Lovely "Space" You've got!

    http://aomosale.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now you didn't just teach me and the whole public how to remove the word verification but you back that up by giving us a good reason to remove it. If you ask me, I'll say, this post informative, of-course it is. Myne pls do well to keep this going.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.