Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Monalisa Chinda on Being a Single and Working Mother

Posted in: , , ,

Monalisa Chinda is one actress that I knew first from all the publicity surrounding her personal life, even before I saw any of her movies. Since then, I have seen and liked her in Kiss and Tell, among a few other movies. And recently, she's in the news for all the right things, she lends her celebrity status to charities close to her heart, and she is a producer behind a well received TV series.

More and more, I get the sense that she a grounded and ambitioous young woman with her heart in the right place. In this interview with 9jamom.com , she shares more about herself and being a mother and acting professional. When asked if she had words of advice to single working mothers, she said,

Everything comes in stages, have a lot of patience, be flexible and don’t be a martyr. As a single working mother, I know it gets hard sometimes to raise a child on your own. Through your busy schedule, it can be easy to forget that you are not alone when you have so much to deal with. Building your own support system gives you a shoulder to lean on when it comes to all the things that come with raising a child. It’s great to surround yourself with like-minded people — or people you trust to be involved in your everyday life.  In my case, I’m incredibly lucky to have family and close friends who are always ready to help as needed.







Read more about Monalisa Chinda at - 9jamom




10 comments:

  1. Monalisa has been an actress I have been very curious about. Little did i know she had such a big heart & big ambitions. May God bless her & her family richly & enable her to do what she desires. Her cause is amazing : raising awareness about autism across Africa. It is a very noble cause.
    Thank you for sharing!

    DatFunkyFro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your visit and comment, she is indeed an inspiration.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing with your audience. She is an admirable woman for sure! ps: I love the new color [might be late to the game but it's because I read almost all your posts in email, bad I know but I get it at the crack of dawn, read on my mobile and then it's time to tackle the rest of the day ;) - this year will be different!]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks 9jamom, and it's all good, whether in your email or here :)

      Delete
  3. I hate it when people do free adverts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've removed it now, pity it went with Igwe's comment.

      Delete
  4. Monalisa is a beautiful lady and gifted too! I loved her the more in her role in 'Heaven's Gate'. I was almost forgetting that it was only a character play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debby, she is. I heard about that series, hope to see it someday.

      Delete
    2. exactly, I used to think Heaven's gate was real oh

      Delete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.