Saturday, March 30, 2013

Live Theatre on Sunday - Zulu Sofola's The Wizard of Law Free

Posted in: , ,
Zulu Sofola is one of Nigeria's foremost playwrights, the best if you ask me. Yes, better than Wole Soyinka :) I have seen a couple of them, and wish I had the opportunity to see this one too.

Zulu Sofola's The Wizard Of Law is being presented free on Easter Sunday at The New Unity Centre, 28 Isaac John GRA 4:30pm and 6pm. Sorry it is coming late, I just got the notice.

Though free, you need to book your tickets before the show. Find them at ariyaticketsonline.com or naijaticket.com or SMS 08039754365.

Summary of Wizard of Law;

The Wizard of Law deals with an old lawyer, Ramoni, who has met with reversed finances and who tries at a festive period to impress his wife by purchasing expensive lace material on credit at a time when he is penniless.

The cloth-seller, Rafiu, takes advantage of this opportunity to inflate the prices of cloth in order to make a heavy gain.  Ramoni, not having the money with which to pay, gets more and more into trouble.  He desperately looks for a court case through which he would get the needed money.



1 comment:

  1. I love "The Wizard of Law". It was one of the first plays I read growing up....and I'm almost sure I can still recite the first 2 pages.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.