Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Menu Ideas - Boiled Potatoes and Chili Beans

Posted in: , , ,

One of my favorite foods is yam but it is so hard to get them here, either they're not available at all, or they are too expensive. I do get them once in a while, but for the rest of the time, I make do with potatoes, either sweet potatoes or the local ones we have here.

On this occasion, I had some chili beans left over but it wouldn't do for a meal for both of us, so I quickly boiled up some potatoes, and then mixed them together. Reminded me of our Yam and Beans back in boarding school. Loved it.










Recipe for thick Chili HERE

Chili with vegetables HERE.

Enjoy!



4 comments:

  1. chai see food,i dont have any nigerian girl here,all the girls here prefer to eat foreign foods..missing home seriously..God

    http://ajetun.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really should stop visiting food blogs or checking out food posts when i know i'm hungry.Myne,this looks so gooood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really one of my favourites even as a child. I love beans mixed like this with yam or sweet potatoes. But like A-9ja-Great mentioned, we should actually research to know why the hunger comes just when one views a food post. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chei Myne, this makes me feel like cooking yam and beans this night. #SalivatingSeriously.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.