Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Polyandry - One Woman and More Than One Man

Posted in: , ,

Polygamy is often used when one man marries more than one wife, but the correct term is polygyny.  Polygamy is actually an umbrella for the two words - Polyandry and Polygyny - that involves multiple partner in marriage. Polyandry in contrast to polygyny is where a woman takes two or more husbands at the same time. Most broadly, polyandry refers to sexual relations with multiple males, within or without marriage.

And it is alive and well, and not just in India where it is the culture in some parts of the country, including where the young woman in the picture above lives with her five husbands, as shown in an article by the Sun.

She said: “Initially it felt a bit awkward. But I don’t favour one over the other.”

Husband Guddu, 21 — the first to make her his bride — insisted: “We all have sex with her but I’m not jealous. We’re one big happy family.”

Eldest brother Bajju said: “I consider her my wife and sleep with her like my brothers.”

Rajo ...said, “I sleep with them in turn. We don’t have beds, just lots of blankets on the floor. I get a lot more attention and love than most wives.”

The story is not much different in London either. According to the Mirror UK, Maria Butzki currently lives with her former husband and her current lover and makes love to both of them. More than that, they live as one big happy family in one apartment;

Peter, Maria, and Paul

“People might think it’s weird but I love both men and couldn’t choose between them,” says Maria, a ­housing liaison officer.

Incredibly, the men agree. Paul, a railway assessor, says: “Peter is a great guy. When Maria first had the affair with him I was just heartbroken. But as I got to know him, I realised we have so much in common. We both adore fishing, and he’s like a surrogate dad to the kids.”

Peter, a construction site manager, adds: “We all get on so well. It doesn’t feel as if I’m ­sharing Maria. There’s no ­jealousy ...it feels as if we are a team.”

So ladies, if you're feeling like one man is not going to be enough, don't be discouraged, you just might find guys who understand. Just make sure they're not jealous. And you'll definitely get more than an average wife's share of attention from your multiple husbands, LOL...




14 comments:

  1. Na wa o..Ever since I read this on Daily Mail earlier today, I have been trying to process it.

    I just cant seem to understand the whole arrangement...whatever make them happy anyway..each to his own

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is insane. Are you trying to advertise this to our womenfolk?
    What ever name you call it,it doesn't exist in both our religion and culture. It immorality in it totality,please don't ask our women to think of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Musa, rest your horses OK. I'm sure "your women" are safe from me :)

      Delete
    2. LOL musa dey fear. It's amazing how people say things don't exist in our culture or religion. Wish people would read more history.

      Delete
  3. Its a nyc idea mayb we shud try it ere & c how d men wud feel after all they take multiple wives and wave the culture flag. Culture indeed, since we adopt a lot of western culture, we cud also imbibe some Asian culture. Not a bad idea @ all. Now to go convince my hubby bout it. *Grinning from ear to ear*

    Lol!!!!!!!!!!!

    LWKMD!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROTFL!!!!!!!! Nwadiuto thats a gud one!

      Delete
  4. Hello, yeah this paragraph is in fact nice and I
    have learned lot of things from it about blogging.

    thanks.

    My web-site :: will i get pregnant

    ReplyDelete
  5. swm from canada one day polyandry will be the norm in canada men out number women here

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! Sign me up! I think it's an ideal situation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First off I would like to say great blog! I had a quick question in which I'd like to ask if you
    do not mind. I was interested to know how you center yourself and clear your thoughts before writing.
    I have had a difficult time clearing my thoughts in getting my ideas out.
    I do take pleasure in writing however it just seems like the first 10 to
    15 minutes are usually wasted just trying to figure out how to begin. Any recommendations or hints?

    Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Today, I went to the beach front with my kids. I found a sea shell
    and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She
    put the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit
    crab inside and it pinched her ear. She never wants to go back!
    LoL I know this is totally off topic but I had to
    tell someone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very shortly this site will be famous among all blogging viewers, due
    to it's good articles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Someone necessarily help to make significantly posts
    I would state. That is the very first time I frequented your web page and thus far?
    I amazed with the analysis you made to make this particular publish extraordinary.

    Fantastic activity!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey There. I discovered your blog the usage of msn. This is a very well
    written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn more of your helpful info.
    Thank you for the post. I will certainly return.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.