Friday, April 12, 2013

Women Better Off Without Bras - Study

Posted in: , , ,

Apparently, we women have to forget everything we ever knew about bras. If you think bras support your back, give you a better posture, or prevent your breasts from sagging, you may have to think again. The researcher in charge of a French study, has published his results, and they suggest that "wearing a bra does nothing to reduce back pain, and the chest supports actually cause increased breast sagging."

According to Rouillon, a sports science expert, the lesson to be learned from the preliminary results of his marathon experiment is that "bras are a false necessity".

"Medically, physiologically, anatomically - breasts gain no benefit from being denied gravity. On the contrary, they get saggier with a bra," [Source]

Again like most studies like this, there are limitations in sample size and selection. All the women involved in the study were aged between 18 and 35, and even Rouillon acknowledges that his less than a thousand group are not a representative of the global population of females. So if you're over 35 and live outside of France, this may not be applicable to you.

What do you think, time to throw away our bras? I do without bras sometimes because of my relatively itty-bitty breasts, though never when I'm dressed to go out formally, but what of the 50DDDs?




8 comments:

  1. Sadly, going without is not a luxury I'm allowed to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As in... my dear, it's not an option for some of us biko

      Delete
  2. I think it depends on the size of one's breast. I can do without wearing bra, nipple cover would be fine, however, I'm used to wearing a bra.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish i would be somewhere walking down the street swinging these jugs around all willy-nilly. mscheew, me and my bras will be lifelong friends. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. what can i do to get bigger breasts?If i had bigger breasts i'd stop wearing bras cos i wear padded bras for volume

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think police will arrest me if i go out without a bra..lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I go without bras..... Jingle bells will have nothing on my breasts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fortunately for me I have small breasts so I go about without but there is a question I would like to ask, how hot must a bathing water be, does hot water have effect on breasts?

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.