Monday, May 20, 2013

Beyonce Sings Back To Black For The Great Gatsby Soundtrack

Posted in: ,


If there was one song I will never forget Amy Winehouse for, it is Back to Black. She has other classics that I love just as well, but the sadness of Back to Black just calls to that deep place that many of us never allow ourselves to get to. And I congratulate Beyonce for doing justice to this song for The Great Gatsby, though maybe using the original Amy Winehouse version may have been better?




6 comments:

  1. I dont think she did justice to it. The song is meant to be sad while Amy's version makes me want to slit my wrist this just makes me want to burst into some strip dancing moves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...I think she tried, but the original will probably always be the best.

      Delete
  2. LOL! Kiky! I was coming here to say something similar. I prefer Amy's.

    Hi Myne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jus-gini????? Mba oh, Myne. She ddnt do justice to it oh. Am not a Beyonce hater (i dey d corridor sha), but mehn i laughed when i heard her version. It was like, so the great Beyonce can fuck something up too, eh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You dey corridor na, lol. Seriously sha, in the context of the movie, it really flowed.

      Delete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.