Saturday, June 22, 2013

Do You Love Who You See in The Mirror?

Posted in: , , ,

By Gracie

Do you love yourself? When u look into the mirror, do you really love what you see without always focusing on the flaws. The society will always throw negative comments; you’ve just got to be your own number one fan. People will always talk. They will always see a fault and magnify one tiny flaw for you. How worse it will be if you yourself are your own worst critic and even worse is when you now compare yourself with others.


From my own personal experience, I used to be very chubby, short, had a big tummy and my bum was big too. It was always worse when I go home on holidays when I was in boarding school, my ass must tear my school zip on resumption,lol! I used to sweat a lot at that time. And yes, I had issues with my stature and the big tummy. The tummy was always protruding especially when I just finished eating. I never felt so good about myself though. I wished my tummy will get flatter and grow taller. So, that was how I went on a diet (one very yeye hunger strike).

I lost so much weight but the tummy never reduced. I started jogging but it just seemed the tummy had come to stay. Much later, I really don’t know how I lost the weight though. I have put a picture of mine around 2008 so you can see the difference. What I want to draw out here is the fact that people always talked about the big tummy above every other thing. And then you feel bad and wished you had a flat tummy like all those models in fashion magazines.

Looking back over the years, I just wished I didn’t waste so much energy on what people said about me. Right now, I have so come to that point where I love and appreciate myself like that is all that matters. When you love yourself, nobody can just say any trash and you start feeling awkward.

Nobody is perfect, we all have our flaws. Nobody has it all together as we always think. You are the best you in existence. Life just gets better when you love and accept yourself just the way you are. I have come across people who don’t have it ‘’all together’’ and the way they love themselves is amazing. I don’t give a damn on what people say anymore, I am one cute amazing girl backed by a very Big GOD.

Dare to love and celebrate yourself from today onwards and know that you are special indeed. You are fearfully and wonderfully made by GOD.

Psalms 139:14- “I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made:
marvelous are thy works…”

2 Corinthians 10:2- “For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves; but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves are not wise.

________

Grace blogs about inspiring ourselves in living a greater life everyday.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.