Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Amanda Berry, Michelle Knight and Gina Dejesus Thank The Public in YouTube Video

Posted in: ,

Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight have not appeared much in public or in the news since they were rescued from Ariel Castro, the man who kidnipped and kept them captive for over 10 years [see reports here and here]. The three women broke their public silence yesterday in a joint statement issued via a video on Youtube. They said the support and prayers of family, friends and the public is allowing them to rebuild their lives after their ordeal.







Knight said in the video that she is building a "brand new life."

"I may have been through hell and back, but I am strong enough to walk through hell with a smile on my face and my head held high," she said, reading from a prepared statement.

"I will not let the situation define who I am. I will define the situation. I don't want to be consumed by hatred."

DeJesus' parents, Felix DeJesus and Nancy Ruiz, thanked the public for donations to a fund set up to help the women.

In addition, Ruiz encouraged parents with missing loved ones to reach out for assistance. "Count on your neighbors," she said. "Don't be afraid to ask for the help because help is available."

According to CBS news, the video was filmed July 2 and released by a public relations agency on the women's behalf with the cooperation of their lawyers.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.