Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Ariel Castro, Ohio Kidnapper, Commits Suicide By Hanging After Just 33 Days in Jail

Posted in: , , , ,

I have followed this story from when the news first broke, so happy for the women who were able to free themselves from the monster who had kidnapped and kept them prisoners for over 10 years. The last post was when he was sentenced, I was glad the sentence was stiff enough to keep him in jail for the rest of his life.

When I heard the report of his suicide in jail last night, I was a bit angry. It seemed he had escaped justice. But this morning, I've decided to see a silver lining. Ariel Castro may have been a monster, but now he's dead and gone. Hopefully, with counselling the women will see it like this - as a completely clean slate for them and especially for Amanda Berry who has a child for him.




1 comment:

  1. He locked those women away for so long, and when it came time for him to be locked away he couldn't endure it. He didn't even live long enough to get a good beating in prison, he didn't feel a thing in comparison to what he put those women through.

    I wish the young ladies and the child well, they will need all the help they can get.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.