Saturday, September 7, 2013

#SaveYourVictim - Drunken Driver Makes Confession in a Youtube Video "I Killed a Man"

Posted in: , ,

A video tagged #Saveyourvictim" and "Make The Promise to Never Drink and Drive" has gone viral after it was posted on Youtube some days ago. The video shows Matthew Cordle confessing to an accident in which another man died. Cordle says he's to blame for causing the car crash after a night of heavy drinking and he's willing to take "full responsibility" for the death of the man who died in the accident.



Some part of the transcript below.

"My name is Matthew Cordle, and on June 22nd, 2013, I hit and killed Vincent Canzani," he says somberly. "This video will act as my confession."
"When I get charged I'll plead guilty and take full responsibility for everything I've done to Vincent and his family,"
"I can't bring Mr. Canzani back, and I can't erase what I've done, but you can still be saved. Your victims can still be saved.

Some people are are complaining that the confession is meant to help him reduce his sentence or not be charged, but I think the video is like a PSA from a real person, not an actor, and the main message is "make the promise to never drink and drive."

Also, there's nothing like taking responsibility for your actions and mistakes which is what Cordle has done. While it is now certain he'll be charged, and will possibly go to prison for upwards of 8years [USA Today], his conscience has already convicted him, and by acknowledging his crime, he may be on the path to forgiveness, from both the family of his victim and more importantly, himself.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.