Tuesday, October 1, 2013

It's Been 53 Years, Happy Independence Day Nigeria?

Posted in: , ,

Over the years since I started blogging, I've either been very happy to mark the Nigerian independence on this blog or moved enough to join others in a blog round-up. This year, I'm feeling somehow apathetic. The last media chat President Jonathan had made things worse. But it's not just the leadership.

Ordinary Lagosians spent N36Billion on parties, almost 2Billion of that on Asoebi. This is in a state where the education and health budgets are between 40 and 50Billion respectively.

Nigeria will always be my country, but I can't deny that it is painful when more and more years pass without commensurate progress. But enough of being a wet blanket. If it's a happy day for you, enjoy...

And if you can spare a minute, please vote in the poll to the right. Thanks!




2 comments:

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.