Friday, November 8, 2013

A Pageant For Ugly Men? Former Winner William Masvinu Retains His Title

Posted in: , ,

William Masvinu is the Ugliest Man in Zimbabwe 2013, and in Harare this year, he retains the title, Mr Ugly, and looks forward to winning in the national finals of the "beauty" contest. But I won't ask if you'll marry him, because, Mr Ugly is already taken! Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder for sure.

But it's not all about her husband's prize-winning looks, Alice Chabhanga, Mr Ugly's wife, who by the way thinks her husband is the most handsome man in the world, joined him in celebrating his win, saying, “We are happy that the man of the house won the competition and we hope that the organisers will keep their word and give us what is due to us. I will continue supporting him because he is my husband.”



Mr Ugly, who does not own a cellphone and earns a living as a tout, echoed her sentiment.

“I think this is a gift from God. I am happy with the results and I hope if given the money I will be able to change my life for the better. Winning the competition has lessened my burden especially considering that one of my children’s fees will be paid for the whole year,” said Masvinu.



The Zim Herald reports that the prizes handed to the participants include "overalls, safety shoes and rain coats. The company also added US$200 to Masvinu’s grand prize, US$100 to the first runner up, Benny Chakanyuka and US$50 and groceries to the second runner up Funny Musekiwa.

Masvinhu also won a year’s school fees for one child while the second runner up would benefit from a term’s schools fees for his child.

H/T - Bulawayo24



2 comments:

  1. This is a case of using what you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who said anyone is useless? Perfection can be gotten frm imperfections,it all depends on what you see.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.