Friday, November 29, 2013

At the Naija Hair Can Grow Salon Day and How my Hair was Tamed By Palm Oil and Honey

Posted in: , ,

After my 30hrs+ long journey from Seattle to Lagos, my hair felt so sticky, and it didn't help that it was due for a touch-up. So I went to a nearby salon and had them wash and blow dry it. The result was not very good, not only did the stylist add too much oily hair cream, she used the highest setting on the blow drier and brushed my hair like it was going out of fashion. I had to stop the proceedings when smoke started billowing from my hair #justhalfkidding :)

Anyway, if I had entertained doubts that I would attend Dabs of Naija Hair Can Grow's Salon Day Out, those flew out the window that day and I set my schedule and an alarm. Still in my American mentality, I got there almost right on time, we pulled in just as Dabs and her people. One person was before me though, she had the time wrong, and thought it was an hour earlier.

So it was a great outing. Berry Dakara, soon to bride, was there too and I met so many other amazing ladies. One says she reads my blog, I've forgotten your name, please forgive me, but if you're reading now, thanks for the shout out, and I appreciate you :)

The highlight of the event for me was not the gateau, though that was superbly sweet and has its own share of the few pounds I've already piled on. The highlight was not even Dabs texlaxing my hair and the sweet gist that flowed. [See pics] No, the highlight was after the relaxer was washed off and I got my hair steamed using a combination of cholesterol conditioner, palm oil and honey. Omo, see my sturrrborn hair was as soft as a feather!

Picture taken with Kelechi Amadi Obi about some hours later

I have used Cholsterol before so it's obviously not it. It's either the combination of Palm oil and honey, or one one of them. I intend to do some further research to prove this new theory I'm brewing. Palm Oil may just be my hair's magic bullet. Wow.

Enjoy some pictures from the event below,







Thanks to Dabs and the Salon ladies at L'Espace, it may have been a bit pricey, but the results made it worth it for me. So, if you're in Lagos and need some TLC for your hair, you may want to head on over to NHCG and check out when the next salon day is.




7 comments:

  1. Oh my God, Myne!! Is that your hair??? Congratulations~ *stares at mine*
    Favorite line: "Omo, see my sturrrborn hair was as soft as a feather!" Lol :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...that's my hair o, quite the bush :)

      Delete
  2. it would have been nice to see a picture of you after your treatment, .'soft as a feather' you say, I can now only imagine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've added a picture of after, though not at the event, Dabs took a pic, but I didn't immediately. The picture is with Kelechi Amadi Obi outside Bogobiri

      Delete
  3. I'm thinking I will go to the December one, will you be there Myne?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'll be able to make it, but we'll see.

      Delete
  4. How was the palm oil and honey applied?

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.