Thursday, November 28, 2013

Some Uninvited Women Attend Weddings Every Weekend Looking and Hoping For a Husband?

Posted in: , ,

By Mauryn Bello

A friend of mine got wedded a few weeks ago and since I couldn't make it to the wedding, I paid her a brief visit earlier today. I met her unwrapping her wedding gifts and the inscription on one of the gifts caught my attention. It read thus;



"Dear Bride & Groom, you do not know me, neither do i know you, i wasn't even invited to your wedding but i came, i hope you dont mind? I am a lady in her prime, hoping to meet and be joined to my better half just like you two. I attend weddings every week and join couples to celebrate hoping that luck would shine on me too someday. My gift may not be worth much but i want you to know that it is from the bottom of my heart, please accept it and say a sincere prayer from your hearts for me. Congratulations and Happy married life!" 

These were NOT her exact words though, i just paraphrased but this was the basic content. I don't know what you think of this trend?



6 comments:

  1. Bizarre! But I fear these women may just be mesmerized by a wedding and not marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think such people are trying to tap into what they consider a blessing for one can also come to another. But sincerely, looking for a life-time spouse may need more than that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gulp. I rest my case. Did he/she really have to announce himself/herself?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The way some women consider marriage in Nigeria is quite disturbing. I see the same mentality on blogs. Tapping into wedding anointing and all the BS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's more like a social meeting point for them. They probably also show up uninvited at naming ceremonies and burials too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, its one thing to actually show up hoping to snag a boo, but really? You don't have to jump up and announce it to the world lol.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.