Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Short Story - Purity Hotel by Uche Peter Umez

Posted in: ,

Oluchi sat up when her phone rang.

‘Purity Hotel, Room 4,’ said a female voice, ‘you’ll have to come quickly.’

‘Who are you?’ asked Oluchi.

‘You do want to find out the truth about your husband, right?’


Oluchi felt a thump in her heart. She considered hanging up and calling Dozie immediately to know if he was anywhere near the hotel. ‘I don’t…’ she ventured, ‘but how did you get my number?’

‘Madam, it’s your marriage. Bye –’

‘Please, hold on!’

A few minutes later, Oluchi instructed her maid to mind the children before driving off to the hotel. Hoping to pounce on the slut, she shoved Dozie aside when he opened the door. But she found no one in the bedroom.

She spun around, only to see him smiling.
 
‘Honey, I know you’re fond of reading my text messages, behind my back,’ Dozie said, reaching for her waist, ‘but you forgot today is our third anniversary…’

Oluchi gawped at him, her shame stuffed like damp wool against her chest.

_______

Read More Uche Peter Umez - http://ucheumez.sentinelpoetry.org.uk/



4 comments:

  1. Hahaha.love the twist..

    http://imperfectlyperfect92.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I watch this a lot. very high blood like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have been there with my axe lol..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like! Lovely twist. And great surprise..

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.