Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Short Story - Two-timing by Uche Peter Umez

Posted in: , ,

As Chinedu nibbled on my navel, I couldn’t help thinking about his wife.

‘Can you keep a secret?’ I whispered.

Chinedu paused, studied my face, then scoffed. ‘What secret?’

I felt a tightening in my stomach. ‘If you found out your wife was cheating –’

‘Obioma, she’s your friend!’ he chided me. ‘We shouldn’t be talking about her.’

Still, I persisted. ‘What if?’

Chinedu rubbed his brow. ‘What would I do? I’m no saint myself.’

I slipped my arms round his neck, pulled him closer. Smiling through my guilt, I no longer felt compelled to snitch on her.

_______

Read More Uche Peter Umez - http://ucheumez.sentinelpoetry.org.uk/



2 comments:

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.