Tuesday, April 29, 2014

BlogHer Conference 2014: Get a Discount if You Live in the Seattle Metro Area

Posted in: , ,



When BlogHer contacted me to blog about this opportunity to my readers especially those living in the Seattle Metro area, I jumped at it. First, the first post I saw promoting this year's conference was the announcement that my favorite actress, Kerry Washington, was a speaker! And did you know that this year marks the 10th Anniversary of BlogHer? How exciting is all that?

The BlogHer '14 is holding in San Jose, California on Thursday, July 24, 2014 through Saturday, July 26, 2014 and you can register here on Eventbrite. I have the event saved and by clicking on this link you get a discount code if you live in the Seattle metro area.


I have been listing for myself the reasons why I should not miss this year'c conference, and maybe if I get someone going from here, we can make it a date? Why you should want to go? Look at the pictures below!





Yes, I already mentioned that Kerry Washington was going to be there, and maybe her baby too, hehehe... but do you recognize any of these other ladies? From a blogging perspective, they are even more major than Kerry, no matter how beautiful she is and how she is married to Nnamdi Asomugha, our Nigerian brother :)

At the top is Arianna Huffington, does she need an introduction? OK, I'll just say she's the lady behind THE Huffington Post! Wouldn't it be amazing to have the opportunity to sit and listen to her speak, and maybe if you're lucky meet and exchange contacts with her? In my dreams you might say, but this is the BlogHer conference you'all! Anything can happen cos here women work together like sisters!

Then after KW is Jenny Lawson (a.k.a. The Bloggess) who is a well known and respected blogger and then finally Tig Notaro. There would be other panels and panelists on blogging - both personal and business blogging as well as writing focused tutorials. There will also be major platforms to meet other bloggers.

Bottom line, BlogHer conferences are an avenue for any blogger to update themselves and their blog, and provides opportunities for networking.

In summary, these are the reasons you will definitely want to attend the Blogher conference;
1) You will learn from great speakers; from the world famous to your blogging peers.
2) You can connect with old friends and make new ones.
3) You can also find out about new products and services from both local and national brands.

Register and get a discount HERE






6 comments:

  1. Myne I hope you'll share with us after the conference, for those of us who can't make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my area code.... I am definitely going to meet you in person!!! Cheeers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lola Oseni long time no hear. Good to know you're doing ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have attended all types of wedding parties, and I am incredibly impressed with this place. If you wanna get married and have the money to spend on the perfect venue, then this place is it.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.