Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Guy Talks About First Time He Asked a Girl Out, They're Now Married

Posted in: , , , , , ,

Remember my post on firsts? For this young couple, today being Children's day in Nigeria is the anniversary of the first time they ever met, and the first time the guy had to ask a girl out. Bidemi was still a teenager in secondary school when at a march past at a Lagos stadium, some of his school mates pressured him to "toast" his first babe. His wife, also named Bidemi, was the lady selected to help him pass through this manhood rite. Hilarious! Read on for his account...

(May 27,2003) It was a normal day 4 students n children and as usual,we all converged @ d stadium 4 fun.

After some minutes,one of my naughty friends asked me: Who is your girlfriend? I answered: don't worry, I have not seen my taste. They all booed me and said that's what I say all d time.

They all decided to test whether I was man enough 2 approach a girl or not. I was frightened coz I was such a shy person. I pleaded against the idea that next time,I would surprise them.

They declined too that *today na today* one of them,Deji by name went into d midst of where many students gathered and came back with a dark skinned lady. Guess what I said as excuse? I said "I hate dark gels.They are like devil to me" they are pushed me out saying "you see one,you they complain".

If you can talk to this one, then we believe You are man enough. East became West,South became North.The 4 Cardinal point then met in my head. I summoned up courage because if I ddnt, class would be very hot 4 me d next day.I attended boys only and they really knew hw to make jest of someone until you cry n beg 4 mercy.

The whole school would know what happened. I moved closer to this dark lady with one thing in my mind. *It won't pass slap now*. With galaxy of confusion on what to say and how,I spoke with fidgety at last. "My name is Saheed Bidemi" she replied: *I am Fatima Bidemi*. I was soooo happy and my mind was coming back to normal.She was even bearing same name with me I said in my mind. I couldn't say much,I asked the school she was attending nd her class and she replied in good manner.

Now how do I propose? Hmmmmmm. No word to use and infact,one mind was telling me to just tell her that's all. Another said,say it anyhow. Then I followed my 2nd mind and said "Can we be close friends? Using my hands 2 gesticulate d world *close* by locking my 2 index fingers against each other beacuse she could hardly hear d word *close* from my mouth.

Immediately I said that, my heart was already in my throat. She paused for 3seconds and said: "No,am not interested". Guess what, to me, whether yes or no,my mission has been accomplished. In the corner of my left eye,I could see my friends,Deji,Isa and Alonge charging me up by signalling thumps up. After her response,I said thank you, and kept quiet. After some seconds of silence, she asked me" can I go please?" With all the joy from my heart, I smiled and said Yes. I was happy for two things:

1. I won against my friends.
2. I broke the deadlock of How to Approach a lady.

I ddnt even care about her response. She left and I returned to my fwends with a very huge smile. They all ran towards me and hug me. Now you are a man they said. I even told them she said YES (Students' things nw). They said that was rehearsal 4 me that for them to believe am a man,I must go 2nd round. I almost fainted. With reluctance and argument, another gel was brought. This one was taller than me. I feared. Whew!!! I summoned up courage. I have done this once, so I could go again. I repeated the same process as that of the first approach but this girl seemed to *sabi* English than I did then.

Many questions I couldn't answer coz I ddnt knw what to say. I was new in the game. I only took up academic challenge then but this challenge seemed like wall of Jericho. I hurriedly discharged her before she disgrace me. I went with my head up to my friends and they saluted me. They said "Now,we are friends and we believe you be baba".

The second day at school, rumour travels faster than plane. Some were hailing me and some were asking questions how did it go? I replied with great smile,as usual now. I was so happy. I gained respect from this guys. Hey!!! that was d last time I saw the 2 girls nor write to them. Only our parents were using phones then. So,no way to contact.

After a year and some months,I heard that "My dark skinned girl* was attending my former lesson. I rote to her many times and she replies after I could let her rest. Her letter was 4 pages of higher education note book with 10 different questions.. Whew!!! At last, I sat after school with my friends and we did justice to the questions.

She later invited me to come. I went to see her after school and I took along 2 greeting cards ; success in exam card and I love you card. That was how I became a lover and that *Dark skinned girl that looks like devil* then, is my very beautiful wife and divine companion today. That event was about 10years ago.

So, @ every children's day celebration. I always remmber that funny day and laughed. She used to tease me most times coz of the drama I was acting infront of her that day. LOLLLLL


First shared on Nairaland




3 comments:

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.