Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Dorobucci is an Occultic Song? Don Jazzy Says No

Posted in: , ,

Dorobucci is the title of the latest single from the Mavin label led by Don Jazzy and also had Tiwa Savage and Dr. Sid on the track. While I didn't think it was a particulary enjoyable song, it went viral due to Don Jazzy's able marketing abilities. Now, some people are saying it is an occultic song?

I'm not sure whether they are serious or joking, and we are supposed to be laughing. However, some people actually believe it's true and Don Jazzy has had to defend himself and the song title as follows;

Lol ok some very sad people have been sending this around. Eyaaa pele. It's things like this that make me so sure that all that illuminati crap about some Yankee artistes is just BS. Lol. Oh well.. #Mavin


This is the full writeup about Dorobucci's alleged meaning:

WHAT IS DORO?
For ur information, DOROBUCCI is a freaking occult song >=). Let me explain, Oluwa means God in Yoruba, Chineke Or Chi means God in Igbo. Doro is also a name of a god... Doro is a godmavins formula, DOROBUCCI is just to praise their god. They produced the song Dorobucci in other to achieve more Doro worshippers and that's why they put Dorojazzy, Dorotiwa, Dorosid.
Now some people would change there original beautiful names from Oluwabisi to
Dorobisi, Chidinma to Dorodinma, Seun to Doroseun, some even behind the occultic name e.g lil stunna Doroyinka.
It's freaking sad that we always forget to listen to lyrics of songs & get their meaning before dancing to it.

Do you think this is a joke or you believe there really must be something occultic about the title?



4 comments:

  1. I've always wondered what the 'Doro' is and marveled at people's (ignorance) in including it to their names and everything else. I wonder how simple minded so many people are not to question (the origin of) things. That said, to say its occultic is just plain silly. He gave the meaning of God in other languages. In what language does Doro mean God? Freaking jokers. I choose to believe this is a poorly made joke. It has neither weight nor substance.

    I think Doro is one of those made up words, made solely as a marketing strategy perhaps, made for the purpose of being a 'thing' as Americans put it, sort of like the Koko or the Zanga (@ durella) etc. nothing to be taken seriously IMO but since I'm not certain I enjoy the song and move on to other things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have become obsessed with this song because it is quite possibly the worst recording of any type that I have ever heard. It was allowed out of its birthplace because the producers, promoters/radiopeople, and likely the general public (including my sister who played the song over and over for an hour last weekend, which is how I heard the afflicted song in the first place) are deaf.
    Compared to this mess, Kwality (Lion King) has a charming quality to it. It's off-keyedness may be the future of music, and at least in the meantime it made us laugh. My Lion King My Lion Queen roooaarrrrh.

    I remember that dorobucci had a few redeeming qualities - it's name was not one of them I was never going to listen to a song titled hashtag + dorobucci by some Nigerian buffoons. There was a good drum thingie in the beginning, which I understand comes from the fact that Don Jazzy knows drums and beats or at least experiments a lot, after which Don Jazzy started to sing and boldly record off-key - off with his head, if only I was a North Korean dictator!, and there were multiple singers, at least one male voice that was good that I recall, and there was a female, indisputably Miss Tiwa who started sweetly though on another song or another key like she didn't care, then she reached doro gonna do whatever he gonna do so now it was nice like an Itsekiri tune or something - a new kind of sweet, but someone pissed her off so it was doro squeaaal, doro nyaaah, doro it was horrendous.
    My big lesson from this song is that the Mavins can really f-up shaaa. Sometimes they're ok, like their album made in one day full of ok very just ok, cringe, but ok, but when they want to be mean they really serve up the crap. It's like they're trying to insult us with the rubbish they make.

    Sorry if this was long, the music was aggravatingly bad.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.