Saturday, July 5, 2014

Viral Video: A Japanese Politician Cries Hysterically After He’s Caught Stealing $30,000

Posted in: , , ,

A video showing Japanese politician Ryutaro Nonomura breaking down in hysterical tears during a press conference has gone viral!

When the 47 year old was asked by reporters at a press conference to explain his theft of public funds, he wailed and hit the table several times. The explosive meltdown was over how he had used $30,000 of public funds for his personal travel expenses.

For those who don't understand Japanese, a Facebook friend taxed herself to translate what he said here (for free, I might add);

'I wouldn't have misused the public funds for my personal travels if it wasn't for her. you would too, if you had eaten from her pot. Oh Ekaete! see what you have done to me!'
*Weeps.

Watch the video below...


I first saw the video during an interview Christine Amanpour had with Nigerian Finance Minister, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. In it the CNN reporter asked NOI if she expects Nigerian politicians to show the same remorse and embarassment when caught stealing public funds.

NOI replied that we want more than wailing and gnashing of teeth, there should also be commensurate punishments and consequences. I totally agree with her. There should also be systems in place to make it harder for these officials to steal in the first place.

I remember that the private jet case against Deizani has been thrown out and I shake my head. Who knows about the $20Million Sanusi mentioned? NOI says the case is being forensically investigated. Again, I shake my head.



1 comment:

  1. There is indeed more to fighting corruption than wailing and gnashing of teeth. We need more people like our Finance Minister who is really working hard to arrest corruption in Nigeria.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.