Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Couple Get Married After Winning Punching Above Your Weight Contest - Looks Aren't Everything!

Posted in: , , , , ,

Darren Donaghey and Kate Cathart are proof that love is not all about looks, and sometimes, personality and other factors are more important. The couple got married this August at Matfen Hall, England.

And their love is not a new or temporary thing. The loved-up couple have been in a relationship for eight years and have a two-year-old son called Jaxon.

Back in March, Darren was crowned champion of ‘Punching Above Your Weight’ competition, for plain looking men married or dating stunning women.

Before winning the competition Darren and Kate had made plans to have a short weekend break as a honeymoon, but now their prize provides for an all-inclusive two week holiday to Rhodes, Greece.


Full-time mum Kate says of her love for her husband and on winning the competition;

"I love Darren dearly and as most people know, looks aren’t everything. We joke about it all the time.”

“This holiday prize couldn’t have come at a better time for us. We now have the ultimate honeymoon to look forward to. The competition has been nothing but great fun."


Darren, a sales advisor, was voted by thousands of Newscastle-based Metro Radio station's listeners to scoop the award. Darren says he’s used to  being taunted by jealous men, and getting the stick about how he managed to woo gorgeous Kate. He said:

“I heard the competition on the radio when I was driving to work. Before even asking Kate I’d uploaded a photo of us together to the Metro website.

“It attracted plenty of attention and we found ourselves selected as one of the five finalists.

“For years I’ve had stick about how I managed to woo Kate. It's not unusual to be out together and other guys to innocently start chatting Kate up, thinking that I couldn’t possibly be with her.

“Even when we are out shopping at Asda I get these funny looks from blokes and I know what they are thinking. Having put up with this for years I knew we had a decent chance of winning."

"Some of the other blokes in the final were pretty horrid so at least now I know how I measure up!"

The couple met when Kate moved into the same street as Darren, and from being friends, they grew to love one another before deciding to go into a relationship.

Here's wishing them more love and all the blessings of marriage.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.