Saturday, September 6, 2014

Covers: Taraji P. Henson Talks Building A Hollywood Empire on Rolling Out Magazine

Posted in: , ,

Hollywood actress Taraji Henson looks absolutely stunning on the cover of the latest issue of Rolling Out magazine. The actress is promoting her new movie with Idris Elba No Good Deeds out in cinemas soon.

In the inside story, Taraji P. Henson talks about building an empire in Hollywood, working in a mostly male dominated industry and more. Below are some highlights from the interview;

On what she is protecting in real life: Everything that I’ve worked for … I have built an empire in one generation. My son [Marcel] does not remember the bad times. I preach to him that he should protect it as well. I’ve done what my mother wasn’t able to do or her mother. That’s pretty huge. I emphasize him protecting it as well, with social media, [telling him to] be careful what you put out there. They are going to try to get to me through you.



When she knew she had it: My whole life, I performed in front of anybody who’d listen. I got serious about it when I saw my Howard University colleagues make it. I would attend the movies and ask, ‘Is that Paula Jai Parker?’ ‘Is that Anthony Anderson?’ I realized I could do this and really make money. Even though I studied it, it seemed so far removed and I wondered if I’d be a starving theater actress. We have great people to look up to; alumnae Lynn Whitfield, Debbie Allen and Phylicia Rashad. I went into the program with a lot hope. It was when I saw my actual peers book jobs, I told myself, ‘I can do this!’ It’s when I got really serious about it.

On Vulnerability: I’m a very emotional creature. That’s why I am an actress, not a cop or a politician. I am really tapped into my emotions. If I feel like I want to cry, I cry. I don’t fight it. My most vulnerable is … in a relationship.

Read the full interview on Rolling Out.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.