Monday, October 27, 2014

RML Woman: Angela Franklin - Motivational Speaker, Social Worker And Lupus Survivor

Posted in: , ,

Angela Franklin is a motivational speaker, a social worker and also an event coordinator. She was born and raised in Dover, Delaware, USA. Angela went to college in South Carolina at Claflin University and lived there for 5 years. Angela is also a lupus survivor and believes strongly in living life to the full! Enjoy the RML exclusive interview below...

Q: Please share your Lupus experience?

I am a survivor of Lupus. I'm still surviving. I had many chemo treatments to treat the lupus. I am battling over 3 diseases but it is Jesus who keeps me and continually healing me. I have so much to share on this earth for God's people. This upcoming year these organizations will be birthed. The main purpose of them are to help and assist, give hope and empower people especially the women. Whatever your dreams are, just do it! Write the vision make it plain. God will put the right people in your path to help you. Remember, that dream is part of your destiny. It's never too late! So start and finish that book, boutique, business idea and whatever else that the Lord has placed inside you. Start it now.

Q: What was your first job?

My first job was a babysitter for my community development. Loved that job! My name was passed around to all the neighbors who needed a good babysitter.

Q: Is what you are doing now remotely like what your 16 year old self thought you would be?

Lol! NO! I thought I was going to be a psychologist

Q: Who inspires you? Entrepreneurs and survivors and my 3 children.




Q: How does social networking help you?

Social networking helps me to connect with people with like minds. Whether if it's business or personal, I can easily reach out to my personal assistant Google, and I can get whatever I am searching for. What social networks do you use? Social networks I use are mainly Google, Instagram, Twitter. Sometime I use Facebook and Pinterest.

Q: Everyone has a favourite though, what is your favourite social network?

Instagram!

Q: Life balance is important. Do you take time-out from online are always connected?

I try my very best to take time from being online. Some days, it doesn't work, lol.

Q: What is your favourite item of clothing and why?

DRESSES!!!! From little baby girls to grown woman, dresses are the epitome of   the femininity. No matter the style, size or length, a dress can tell a lot about a woman. Besides it's an all in one outfit. Easy to slip on, add a pair of heels or flats and ready to go!

Q: What’s your personal motto?

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 I live by that!

Q: What is your favourite flavour of icecream?

Mmm, right now it's Caramel Pralines



Q: What is the first thing you bought with your first proper pay cheque?

I treated myself to a pair of Bebe shoes;~)

Q: If we looked in your handbag right now, what would we find?

Lol, lots of receipts, perfume, wipes, wallet, basic beauty products (2 lip gloss, one tube of lip stick, rice paper, beauty blender sponge, & MAC mineralize skin finish). Medicine organizer container, portable wine bottle opener (used only once lol) and one hoop earring, I'm still looking for the other earring, lol.

Q: If you were a super hero what would your power be?

Go back in time.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.