Monday, April 6, 2015

Eze Ndigbo Deserves Same Blame As Oba Akiolu - A Tale of Two Nonsense Leaders [Audio]

Posted in: ,

It is amazing how debased some Nigerians are, using archaic customs and superstitions to cloak incipient hatred and tribalism. ThisDay had earlier today reported that the Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu received a political delegation of Igbo lead­ers in Lagos State, and at the event, he warned them to vote the APC governorship candidate, Mr. Akinwunmi Am­bode, as the next governor of the state. To buttress his point, he called on his traditional powers over the Lagos Lagoon to drown his opponents.

While some denied the reports, Oba Akiolu himself said he was only relating a myth about the Lagoon. Now with the release of an audio of the event, it is clear to all that the Oba threatened genocide on Igbos in Lagos if they voted against his political choices. The Oba indeed said the Igbos will all die inside the Lagos Lagoon as his ancestors had proclaimed, and denigrated Igbo centers of commerce - Onitsha and Aba - also in the process.

Obviously, he's totally wrong with such statements, and listening to the audio, he was completely serious, and believed his own threats. He went as far as giving a timeline, insisting he could be called a bastard if his predictions did not come true within 7 days of the Igbos going against his dictates.

What I don't understand is that the Igbo leaders at the event clapped while he spoke, and after his diatribe, the Eze Ndigbo tried to turn the hate speech into a joke and sucked up even further to the Oba. What a disgusting display of ignorance and cowardice!

I expected the Igbos to have stood and walked out of such a speech and reported the Oba instantly to the relevant authorities. What nonsense!

Listen to the audio of both men's speeches below...






If you can't listen to the audio, the Oba had said:

“On Saturday, if anyone of you goes against Ambode, who I picked, that is your end. If it does not happen within seven days, just know that I am a bastard and it is not my father who born me. Jonathan is like a son to me and he does what I want.

“For the Igbo and others in Lagos, they should go where the Oba of Lagos heads to. When they were coming to the state, they did not come with all their houses. But now, they have properties in the state. So they must do my bidding. And that is the bidding of the ances­tors of Lagos and God.

“By the grace of God, I am the owner of Lagos for the time being. This is an undivid­ed chair. The palace belongs to the dead, the living and those coming in the future. On Saturday, if anyone of you, I swear in the name of God almighty Allah, goes against my wish that Ambode will be the next governor of Lagos State, the person is going to die in­side this water.

“I am not ready to beg you. Even the Asiwaju and the governor they cannot disobey me. Nobody knew how I picked Ambode. Jimi is my blood relation and I told him that he could never be governor in Lagos for now. The future belongs to God. I am not beg­ging anybody, but what you people cannot do in Onitsha, Aba or anywhere, if you do what I want, Lagos will continue to prosper for you. If you go against this, you will perish in the water. Finish!”



No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.