Sunday, May 9, 2010

Balderdash! Word Verification Meme

Posted in:
Some of you may have heard or played the word game Balderdash, well there's a blogger version. I first saw the Balderdash Word Verification meme played on this blog by the Petty Witter. It piqued my interest and after a few clicks I got to the originator, Sheila at Book Journey. When I read this on her blog, I thought someone had opened my head and written what they saw there, lol.

Ok… I admit it. I am a comment junkie. I love – love ♥ LOVE ♥ to read blogs, the discussions on books, author interviews, bookshelves, great bookish stories and adventures….
but along with loving to comment comes the ever dreaded endless… (dun dun dun dun…scary music) word verification.
I know it is a necessity… I get that. You leave a comment, chances are you going to be word verified. Yet being a comment junkie… it slows me down. So to make this a bit more enjoyable… I came up with a plan.

And her plan was the Balderdash word verification meme which has become quite popular that some bloggers do it weekly. For the month of May, I intend to host the meme every Monday. I am hoping you will play along with me so I will be accepting GUEST BLOGGERS! I hear some of you ask; What does that mean? How do you play? The answer is very simple indeed.

1. Write down all the word verifications you get while posting comments on other peoples blogs.
2. Pick your best five (or so) of them and come up with an authentic sounding definitions for them.

But to make this more exciting, I want you and everyone to get involved. So I have turned on my word verification. When you leave a comment, include the word Google throws at you and make up a definition for it. If you are given a real word, make up a more interesting definition, lol.

These are my own top 10 captchas and their funky definitions.

1. Jocontac: (n) A joke on a tack
(v)When you make a joke from a tack pin.

2. Garbio: A garbage bio. Look at it from three ways;
a) the biography of garbage
b) a biography that is garbage
c) biography of a garbage man.

3. Cavable: From the french word Ca'va. The reply is usually bien.
(n) one who can reply positively to the referenced question.

4. Fowlsway: Is this the sway of a fowl or it's way? I go with the first since we have catwalk right?
(n) A way in which a person's movement imitates that of a fowl.

5. Fingster: This gives me naughty ideas of what one can do with their fingers but I'll desist.
(v) To give someone the open palm with five fingers outstretched. You know like "waka"?

6. Jauntru: From the word Jaunt.
(n) A true life account of a person's jaunts in life.

7. Undenses: From the word dense - to make more stupid (yeah I said that, lol)
(v.tr) To make someone less stupid.

8. Dercobbl:
i - (v) To remove the cobbles on a street.
ii - (n) A handmade shoe

9. Zintux: A tuxedo of the highest order.

10. Ringbeau: This one is very obvious right? No?
(n) A beau who comes bearing a ring.

If none of the above words or meanings made any sense to you, then welcome to Balderdash! LOL.

I hope you all enjoyed the weekend and mother's day for those in the US. Have a great week everyone.



27 comments:

  1. This is cool I'll try to participate in this but I won't put word verification on my blog. Word verifications are annoying to me since they slow me down so I won't make others go through it on my blog. I got a cool word from leaving this comment lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Nakedsha, right? LOL.

    @Suru, I agree with you, but I just couldn't resist just for today. Did it get your attention? SO what was the word and your definition?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha
    lol @the fowl sway

    my word was proqu

    perhaps quid pro que???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehe..love the definitions esp fingster and fowlsway.Unfortunately i got a real word so-
    Faith-an unwavering expectation to get an A when I merit an F!

    ReplyDelete
  5. they all made sense to me and it was a great fun reading this. In fact I really got some of the meanings before reading them. it really was interesting....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Myne! I must confess that unlike the real me (I've got a bad habit of avoiding comments), I decided to play your lil' game. You can imagine how enthusiastically I awaited my opportunity to play.
    Anyway, I got PAYOAL - I guess it means pay all you owe and leave.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahhaaha iLike...I'm gonna play lol here goes, my own funky definition of

    *Drumroll*

    TROMENI - (Origin obsc.)

    (1) (n.) Meaningless
    (2) (v.) Dead End.

    Hehehehe I took the high road joo! This was fun, Myne :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL...this looks like fun

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol..this sounds really fun.

    My word was dooketa, what else does it mean if not doctor...lold

    ReplyDelete
  10. arggghh, i got a proper word - 'supper'..

    Myne,is this blogger trying to play a fast one -just kidding

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOOOL! I love this idea...

    perift (n.) A petrified sherrif; cowardly law enforcement agent.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. okay weird but...
    let me try

    ingies:
    tingles in your feet
    candy that tastes funny...

    lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. my word is osedsf. Have to sit down, carry dic to do this one. Guess it will be fun

    ReplyDelete
  14. hmmm...thinking

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omg! Those are hilarious.

    Okay, my word down there is

    Oysess: Yiddish slang for almost stepping into a stagnant puddle.

    Okay, so I was so excited to hit enter, that I forgot to type the word into the box, so I got another one too!

    Parefo-to trim an enemy's defense.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL!! great idea...i know that WV irks me to no end but this way i just might look forward to seeing...Nice!

    I'm not around much anymore so hopefully i can get 5.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG, I am reeling from laughter. Your words and their definitions are sure very original.

    @BBB, proqu? Indeed you got it right.

    @Ono, you better go read your books, lol

    @Eddee, LWKMD, pay all you owe and leave, lol. SO where is my money?

    @Aeedeeaee, Tromeni, obscure origins abi? LOL

    @Shorty, you and blogger don do ojoro oo, lol. Dooketa, lol

    @Histreasure, then you give us another meaning for supper, :)

    @F&M, I think this is the best honestly. Petrified a 'la Harry Potter eh? LOL

    @Tisha, I prefer candy that tastes funny, :)

    @Redhaired girl, I wish you luck, lol. Now that is a proper captcha.

    @Mary M, I love yours, especially the second one, makes perfect sense in a way only balderdash will, lol.


    Thank you all for the comments and taking part in the game.

    ReplyDelete
  18. bridenowin

    Quite. No polygamy in this house. Lol.


    Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Undefast? What in the world...?

    Okay. Here I go...

    Undefast
    (n)An underwear that's fastened to your butt by two ropes

    (V)the act of claiming to be fasting when you actually eat five times a day - an undercover fast

    duh...I try?

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Naijalines, I am well thanks. Bridenowin at all, lol.

    @Afronuts, you take the cake abeg, lol and I take the verb. have a nice week dear.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. too much fun I couldn't resist

    Foopr

    Finnish slang that means the same as the Nigerian slang - fapper which means a thief.

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOL @Taynement, you had to go speak another language right? :) I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Myne Whiteman, why be like this? You shd've warned us in the last post to get prepared to write a test...my head is seriously aching for trying to coin words.
    Hope u pardon me for scoring nut nut here.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.