Thursday, May 6, 2010

Naija Stories.Com - Blog Transition

Posted in:
BLOG IN TRANSITION

As most of you know, I manage the site NaijaStories.com, a blog for collecting and sharing stories and writings by Nigerian Writers. It started out as a pilot to see what the interest was like. The plan was always to move to a a more permanent space when the time was right, I didn't expect that it would be so soon. Naija Stories has reached the limit of 100 authors set by blogger and we're now moving to our own server. This new site will allow us so many functionalities not available on blogger including a community, groups and forums and a way of rewarding writers and all those who are active on the site.

The new site will be up within 24 - 48 hours but in the meantime, the old blog can still be accessed through BLOGSPOT at http://naijafictionwriters.blogspot.com/.  When completed, the site will still retain the original domain name of www.naijastories.com, however, it may take a while for the servers and hosts to figure it all out. While we go through this process, we ask for your patience and understanding. Please bear with us and we apologize in advance for any inconveniences.

All registered authors on the blogspot will be moved to the new website within this time frame, most probably before the end of the weekend. Please check your registration emails and click on the link to log on. Remember to change your passwords and indicate your nickname and other required fields.

I appreciate everyone who has been a part of this. Thank you all.


**************************************************


In other news, there is a proposal over on Cupid's Risk. Seaason two is winding down and things are beginning to speed up. This is a teaser...

“Iphey, the first day I saw you, I knew you were meant for me…” He paused as he saw Iphey frozen in fear, visibly shaking, he drew in a sharp breath and “…I know it has taken a while, me getting you to believe in me and what I am about…” he gazed steadily into her eyes, “…but even though I am not certain what the future holds, I know great things are in store for us, there is so much promise and so much greatness ahead of us, all we need to do is take each day as it comes trusting ourselves and trusting in God.”

Iphey smiled and seemed about to speak and then thought to herself, ‘This man is the man of my dreams, I am in such a wealthy place, my fears still speak, they tell me if I ever lost him, but would fall; my faith though speaks louder, it tells me this man was created just for me and that if I can just take God’s hands and trust him, we are in for the greatest adventure ever lived’ 
Iphey smiled and hugged Chinedu with everything she had in her slight frame.

He pulled away slightly after a short kiss and looked into her face. Iphey noticed he was avoiding looking into her eyes.

"What is it?" She asked.

"Nothing." He hedged.

"Nedu spit it out," she laughed. "I know you too well. What are you trying to hide from me?"

He laughed and finally met her gaze. Chinedu took a deep breath and took both her hands. "I did not plan to say this today or here or even this way..."

Iphey was confused. Was this the end? After the happy declarations of a few minutes ago? "Chinedu, what is it? Did I say something wrong?"

"No, no, of course not!" He moved closer. "You said and did everything right..." His phone began to ring. He did not even look at it before switching it off. He paused again.

"Chinedu, please tell me. Whatever it is, just say it!"

"OK, OK." Chinedu took another deep breath. "I want to marry you Iphey, I want you to be my wife..."

Her lips were rounding open by this time. Iphey's breath came quick and fast, and she pressed both their hands under her breast as if to stop her racing heart...

..................

READ THE FULL STORY ON THE BLOG


*****************************

Have a nice weekend everyone.Anyone going to see a movie?



16 comments:

  1. So ROMANTIC!

    Your style makes it possible to read and visualise! Well done Myne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job Myne, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow... Congrats... You guys are doing a really good job so I'm happy for you all... Looking forward to checking out the new site. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to the site..
    REALLY COOL!
    Hmmm, okay o..
    Levels don change, lol..
    So he finally proposes uh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. 100 authors already? Good for you!
    Going to the palms to see Iron Man 2.
    Hope its worth the time and effort!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments.

    @Ginger, what did you think of Iron man? Atala went to see it and he wasn't too impressed. I saw the first one and the previews for this only made me decide to see it on DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on the 100 authors ..thats great..am sure the site will be wonderful!!

    just been over at cupid's risk..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Histreasure and Asianbabe. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work Myne. Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.