Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mr Handsome Guy (Poem) + Update

Posted in:
(Comment Verification has been removed)

Hey, Mr. handsome guy
You can’t really be shy
For you seemed so fly
Whenever you come by

With the magic you wove
In our own secret cove
I readily swore by Jove
Nowhere else to rove

If it were not for the fame
Or to keep a good name
I’ll never play any game
But wholly be your dame

If my burdens you’ll bear
Then all your calls I’ll hear
We’ll have nothing to fear
Love will last many a year.


*******************************

Hi peeps, how's your week going so far? I hope you like the poem, it was written tongue in cheek and I hope you can see the lighter side of it as well as the more serious bit towards the end. That is what love is for me...fun and depth. What about you?

In other news...I've been a bit busy with Naija Stories but I have to say I'm proud of how it's turning out. GO OVER and check it out. Anyway, before I digressed I wanted to say that my WIP manuscript has been suffering from neglect. I intend to focus again as of today, so expect an installment in my next post. I might actually show off from the second draft, we'll see.

Enjoy the rest of your week and I'll see you over at yours soon.

ps, Have you been waiting for an autographed copy of A Heart to Mend? Do you want to see Myne Whitman? Do you live in the MD/DC/NY area? Stay tuned...



23 comments:

  1. Love the POEM!!!!

    :)

    How are you Myne? Hope you're good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you rhyme. I am tempted to write a rhyming poem too. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the poem..good one Myne

    ReplyDelete
  4. U've done a good overhaul with the new site :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments. Glad you like the poem.

    @Lyrix, would love to read yours.

    @Nwajim Al, I appreciate your support.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the simplicity of the poem. Simplicity makes things beautiful. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ummm the poem is on point ,nice one

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mybe how did you write those rhymes,Good one

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Jaycee and Gidiasianbabe.

    @Muyiwa by keeping it simple, :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome poem Myne. I covet thy gift :) lol

    - LDP

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely poem! Nice rhyming!

    "If my burdens you’ll bear
    Then all your calls I’ll hear"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tongue in cheek in deed!

    It's always the simple crazy ones that go far........

    Not bad, Not Bad AT ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  13. like the poem
    tis nice
    hi myne whitman

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great poem. I love the rhyming structure. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  15. i see what you did there..lol
    that was nice

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice poem. I'm crazy about rhymes and you sure did a good job on this one. Simple yet striking.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the comments.

    @Sirius, it was tongue in cheek o, I didn't say anything, :)

    @Toks, thanks for following the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the flirty edge in the beginning. Simple yet very heartfelt, good piece.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The poem makes sense....

    very nice

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely poem!

    Ur coming to MD???? What!!! Yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. hehe

    sexily cheesy... or is it cheesily sexy...lol nice poem.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.