Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Posted in:
There are two parts to this post and they both fit into the spirit of Valentine and my February Love.


Thanks to Christina Lee of Write-Brianed, you can read this short excerpt where the two main characters kiss for the first time. This is Kevwe and Efe from A Love Rekindled, my upcoming book. After being college sweethearts, they were separated for seven years, and this is evening of the day they met again.
Kevwe gripped her wrist and stared into her eyes, covering her hand with his and intertwining their fingers right on her thighs. Efe trembled. She would have jumped to her feet if the feel of his fingers kneading hers on her laps was not so distracting. Her heart raced, muddling her thoughts.

“Let me show you how much I’ve missed you,” he murmured, desire in his gaze.

His fingers stroked over her slender knuckles and along the length of her thigh. A rush of pleasure suffused her brain as he leaned towards her. His manly scent flooded her senses and her head swam. God, she wanted to melt into him. Her heart jumped as she remembered how it used to be between them.

They had been young, so much in love. When they split she missed him so much, and she had been filled with regrets. Maybe going all the way with him would release her from the prison of the past. Her body certainly wanted it.

She whispered his name like a plea and shifted forward. He fit between her thighs like they were made for him. The loneliness that lay like a piece of hard ice in her heart thawed in that moment. Their lips met and clung together. It started gently, but in an instant the kiss became hot, and then turned hungry and desperate. The hurts of the past disappeared; the only thing that mattered in that moment was the heat of arousal.



Thanks to Stephanie Haefner of Writer's cocoon, I'll be answering the following questions for you;

1- What is the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for you? Suggesting that we get married on valentine day. It was just fortuitous, but romantic that I am, it didn't even occur to me till my then fiance, now husband, asked me. My heart leaped and....hmmm...let's just say, I'll never forget that day, and the day we finally got married.

2- What is your favorite love song? There are so many of them, and though I can't list them all, I have two that I can't choose one over the other. My Heart will go on by Celine Dion and I'll always love you by Whitney Houston.

3- Do you have a favorite romantic movie or book? Titanic is my favorite romantic movie (obvious, right?), and Redeeming love by Francine Rivers is my bestest romantic fiction.

4- Do you have any romantic plans for Valentine's Day this year? Believe me I do, hehehe...

5- What's your favorite romantic treat? (candy, chocolate, edible body paint, etc...) Just being with my heart, my lover, and if there's caramel ice cream involved, then....


Enhanced by Zemanta



44 comments:

  1. Aww...Myne, u're such a romantic.
    I'm currently reading "Redeeming love" and yes, I'd call it my fave too, so far.

    haha @ u do have plans, I bet that's y this post came up a lil earlier today...n I got to comment first.
    wheew!!!...its been a long time coming, I put in a lottaa hard work...lol

    You're such a cute couple.
    I would like chapter 2 please (crushthots@gmail.com)

    Thx dear.
    Have fun n please feel free to let us know how u spent ur vals day...
    #exesandohs

    I'd be here spending vals with chapter 1 and 2 of a love rekindled..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww... Happy anniversary!!
    Love looks good on you :o) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww sweet! Happy Vals to both of ya.
    God bless your love.
    ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

    ReplyDelete
  4. edible body paint? caramel ice cream?....i am really struggling to grasp on to the goodie goodie image i have of you..lol......well am off to tesco to see if i can get me some of those. Thanks to u my hubby is in for a treat(am definitely going outta my comfort zone here)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... u two look great! Like 2 professors tehehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful writing .... happy anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a romantic to the core...:-) Happy Anniversary. And thanks for sharing this pix...very lovely.

    Happy Val's Day too...sure you have great plans...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Romantico for real... Happy Anniversary!!! and a sweet sweet val's day!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww.. even my heart raced as I pried through every line of this post. Amazing! I can't wait to get married to.

    Myne, I dare you to tell us your romantic plan(s) for the day, leaving no stones unturned. haha

    - LDP

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! Lovely! You are truly ROMANTIC! That explains why you write great romantic novels!

    Happy Anniversary! Happy Valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy anniversary to u and ur hubby

    ReplyDelete
  12. aww...Happy Valentine's day:)! Happy Anniversary:)! Wishing you and your sweetheart many many many more love and joy filled days amen:)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great read....U do know how to draw one in.....I got carried away..lol. Redeeming love is my fav too!
    Happy Anniversary, Valentine! God bless your home.

    ReplyDelete
  14. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY/VALENTINE SIS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww, look at you guys!!! My mum has a dress sewn with that material. I was coveting it so bad....:(....I think I will just go buy a coply of the "love rekindled" the suspense is killing me and to think you uploaded just when I went to bed. NOT COMPLAINING! afterall, I have two chapters to my name.:) I guess we wont be seeing your green-abi-is--it-red-light here for a few hours. Probably, the outcome will be seen in 9months. Enjoy jare.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi,

    Lovely snippet!

    Re Steph's blogfest. Sounds like you've got your very own Mr Wonderful! ;)

    best
    F

    ReplyDelete
  17. aw. happy vals day and happy anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  18. @LDP: - are you looking for tips for the day? lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. awwwh sweetest post I've read today. Happy anniversary and happy valentine day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. *sigh* too bad it's not the cure for all that ails us, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aw! Great pic!!! Love Titanic!!! I can't help it, but every time I watch, I find myself wishing it ends differently. I still cry like a baby. That scene in the car- the hand on the steamy window..... still makes me warm and tingly!! ;)

    Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like that the two characters have found each other again after so much time has passed. Very romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  23. *sigh*

    That was such a sweet scene!!! All the hurts of the past swept away.... *sigh*

    Also, love your answers, ant that's a cute pic of you and your other half!

    Happy Valentines,

    T.x

    ReplyDelete
  24. To the only awesome blogger who takes time to visit all the other little bloggers just so they know that they do not write alone,

    Happy St. Valentine's day!

    (and where do they sell choppable body paint in Nigeria?)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love Redeeming Love! One of my all time favorite books! Fun interview. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Re: .'edible body paint!!!'

    Myne, you naughty, naughty girl. *smile*

    Have a good valentine day...I can see you plan to LOL

    ReplyDelete
  27. Aw, you two are such a cute couple! I came over for the Share The Love blogfest and it was a lot of fun to read your post! :)

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lmao @ no 4. My eyes!! my eyes oh!!! my mind.

    happy vals day

    ReplyDelete
  29. I like their hands entwined and his fingers stroking her knuckles. Too often we forget just how sensual the hands can be -- ahem, on each other, I mean. :D

    ReplyDelete
  30. @Rita, it is not my fault o.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you all so much! We had a wonderful day and I hope everyone did too.

    @LDP, you can't be serious!

    Watch put for more real love stories coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ohhh what a lovely photo! Happy Anniversary to you and yours! God bless

    ReplyDelete
  33. *whispered his name like a plea* I LOVED that line. So full of angst and passion. Great scene.
    Edge of Your Seat Romance

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hot and hungry - yow that was a great scene!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great excerpts.

    I find it interesting the distinguished way, male authors describe a romantic/sexual scene and how different it is from a female author's perspective. Females are often softer, more about feelings and emotions, males are often about the description of the players body parts and what they do with it.

    The only work by a male author that I have read about, who wrote from a very female perspective, convincingly, I must add, is Paolo Coelho's 'Eleven minutes'

    Re-getting married on valentines day. Babe you get liver sha oooo. I will just stop there. LOL

    Happy Vals day to those who believe in it.

    Mena
    Latest offering: http://efemenaoreoluwa.blogspot.com/2011/02/tale-of-driver-millionaire-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  36. Happy anniversary Myne, many more happy years together, many children, many books, multitude of God's blessings IJN :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Happy vals day

    Most romantic thing:
    My ex was like the chef who did it all and we were in a restaurant so you can imagine how conspicuous we were.

    Well had a great day! I spoiled it by constantly wondering what he would be expecting after a luscious dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Happy Anniversary. I hope you had a love-filled and a fun-filled day.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Aww..Your marriage sounds blissful! and edible body paint?? u go girl! lol

    I really want to read redeeming love! been meaning to get it for ages...her mark of the lion serious was amazing..loved it so i'm sure i'll love this one too

    ReplyDelete
  40. Happy belated Val's day Myne and Happy anniversary. That's real nice.

    Uh oh at number 4 and 5! Haha. Loves it...

    ReplyDelete
  41. Celine Dion and Whitney - such classics!

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.